The Best Things You Have Found On The Road

Sandman

Superfluous Tasks
Reaction score
Funniest was several storage boxes with lids.. kind used to deliver to stores.. they were full of new magazines.. woman's magazines.. Oprah and Family Circle etc.. gave the magazines out to women at work.. still use the boxes..

Several chains..

Big 18 wheeler tarp, all rolled up nice.. but it was on I-95 in Philadelphia between the stadium and the Ben Franklin Bridge.. you don't stop..

on the highway outside The county dump we can find lots of recycle bins and trashcans.. they blow out of pick up beds when empty.. pick up the new clean ones..

Electric chain saw.. sold it on craigslist..

on edit.. another funny story.. found a radial arm saw.. old & small but still a radial arm saw.. looked it up on the net to find an owners manual.. was a re-call on it.. Ryobi sent me $75 for sending in a bad motor mount (disabling saw).. and they paid the shipping.. (sent me a pre-paid box)

Last edited:

Doghead

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I wish I had the same luck with the LOTTO as i do with road finds.
The goodies so far are
Large Top Chest off tool box FULL of tools (tracked guy down and got a finders fee):drink
Ski Jacket with Oakley Sun glasses AND $200 IN THE POCKET
Varnet sun glasses no scratches
5 Husqvarna 394 chainsaws with all the bars and chain I will ever need.
Honda Generator
entire 3/4 drive socket set one socket at a time over a 15km stretch.
Lots of tools and shop supplies.

I thelps when you work in the woods everyone drives like they stole something, completly forgetting about whats out back.

The wife says I spend too much time looking at the road and not enough time watching the road

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find my own boat seat one time! Forgot and didnt put it back in the whole after checking my batteries. Got out on the water before I noticed it was missing. Drove slow all the way back home (25 miles) and found it about a mile from my house. Luckily nobody else figured they needed it. It's got right smart of road rash on it but its still good.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
I never find anything on the road.:dunno Now on the railroad I found 4 spike hammers 3 new 1 the guy had very bad aim.:lmao. 1 lining bar new. 1 switch broom new. 2 spike pullers,1 ballast fork new and a 8lbs hammer. It paid to poke around the edge of the track.:sweet All this from a bunch of slackers that didnt know how to load their tools. Or they were to lazy to load them.:dunno That's the goverment for you.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14