The dreaded no muffler

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
So Ive been searching and reading, and Ive still curious on the idea of running with out a muffler.. What I can see is if your running the stock exhaust and you remove the muffler, then you get a power increase and a noise increase, very cheap.. So what if you already have a custom 4 inch exhaust from the turbo all the way back, with a Muffler.. Is it really worth it to keep it on, would you really even get a increase in power or just a lot more noise, Mine already sounds like a Freight Train Rumble with a load

Borla Exhaust

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ive got a 5" system with no cat or muffler, its loud. I bet your 4" with a borla muff sounds pretty good though.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Its got a really good rumble like a gas big block but deaper, and with the whine of the turbo

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
How is it towing? Does it drone in the cab alot? Do you often tow with passsengers in the back seat?

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
With the windows up you can only hear it when you get on it hard, with a window down its loud.. I dont really haul anyone but then again I just got it

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
My non-muffed system drones in the cab a little bit. Something to consider if you tow alot, and tow with more than just you in the truck.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Ya I think I will just leave the muffler on, the exhaust is big enough to handle everything

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg