The dreaded no muffler

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
onlt ime i hear mine is between buildings,next to a wall/fence type structure or when i have the stacks on it.but i also like the sound so i drive next to fences and stuff with the windows down.:sweet :burnit

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I like it when I'm in traffic and I get all over it and give a rice grinder a cab full of soot and loud exhaust, been doing it of over three years and I'm still not tired of it it still makes me and my buddies laugh.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
OK I cut my muffler off (4 inch pipe) right after the cab, for about 3-4 weeks now and Ive noticed that My fuel milage has been slowly going down to about 10mpg around town, I used to atleast be getting 16 around town..

Could cutting it all off, cause a MPG loss.. Im only 3k into a full service change of all the fluids and filters on the truck.. 4.10 gears with 235 tires 2wd

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
No, thats not related to muffler removal unless you are having troubles keeping your foot out of it. :sweet

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
No, thats not related to muffler removal unless you are having troubles keeping your foot out of it. :sweet

Every now and then Ill get on it but not like I would with a gasser.. I rarely even do that, most of the time I drive like Im carring Ms Daisy in the back

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
agree with 95_stroker.but you will lose mileage,i can gaurantee that you are gettin on it a little harder than you used to without even knowing you are but you wont lose 50% maybe 5 or 10% reduction.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I havent lost a bit of mileage since I ditched the muff/cat and went 5". When I bought the truck three and a half years ago it was bone stock and had 108K miles on it and I could average about 15-16 city/hwy driving. Then the mods started which have so far ended with injectors and a chip, but all the other dime store mods have been done also upto this point including the larger exhaust. My mileage is now 18+ consistanly and my HP has been signifcantly increased.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
I dont know, Most of my driving is in town but its NOT constant stop and go, When I first got the truck I was rough on it and still got good milage, Since Ive taken the muffler and the side dump off Ive been getting worse and its still the same routes but Im easier on the skinny peddle now.. When ever I do get on the hiway I keep it between 65-75 depending where Im at

Im going to check the air filter when I get home but theres berely 3k on it... I may be closer to getting an airintake and chip sooner I guess

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg