The dreaded no muffler

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
MUDWHISTLE said:
Yeah you'll get bad fuel mileage and your wife will be mad at you for always rolling the passenger window down. But the souund is bitchin.:thumbs

Well Im not married but I do occasionally find myself rolling down the passenger rear window just to hear the exhaust, I put the truck side ways today, the exhaust sounded great but that long of a vehical scared the living **** out of me at the time... Ill stick to only doing that with the Jeep

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You will find in a power-slide that the longer wheelbase is much more forgiving that a short one like a jeep. You can pitch it 90 degrees and still save it where a short one will go around. Go ahead and :burnit

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
well if you find one that does like the sound of a powerstroke and doesn't mind the wind blowing her hair marry her. they always complain about the hair. hehe

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
HAHAHA well I take the doors off the Cherokee and theres a lot of wind there, but let alone if the girl can get up in to it Ill hold on to her.. After the ride in the Cherrokee I dont think they will mind riding in the SuperDuty

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
After getting under the rig I noticed my 4 inch Borla has been pinched by the frame and somthing else (sidedump before the dually), I believe way before I bought it (aged)... If I were to have that fixed and also decide to take the muffler off would I get any gains since its already a bigger exhaust, and would there still be enough back pressure to keep the engine from burning up?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
You dont need back pressure on a diesel to keep the engine from burning up. That is all controlled by how much fuel and air you can stuff into the combustion chambers, not by exhaust back pressure.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Thats what I thought but I wasnt sure... How do you guys like the exhaust on long road trips, does it get annoying or is it alright with out the muffler?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
XTrmXJ said:
Thats what I thought but I wasnt sure... How do you guys like the exhaust on long road trips, does it get annoying or is it alright with out the muffler?
See post #8. :sweet

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
mine is not bad as longs as the window is up but I like the sund so I drive with it down alot, specially if i near some rock walls or cement blocks on the freeway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg