think im gonna get a tattoo????

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
I do not know your age, but i do know you have been through alot recently from reading your posts. I know now this is not a decision to be made with out alot of thought.
Take from my experience what you want. timeline 1982 18 years old, went to cherry point NC to visit my brother and a friend stationed there, they have tatoo's, i am just as cool as they are so i am gonna get a tatoo to impress other people, put it on my right forearm so all can see when wearing short sleeves. no thought was given to the future and possible regrets. yes i do regret getting it, the colors have faded and bled together as this body has aged to 44. never did i think in my youth that i would be a white collar worker in a private school with so much interaction with impressionable children. i get alot of questions from even the preschoolers "why". i was also a smoker from the age of 14. when i went to work for the school in 2003 i started rinsing with mouthwash after each butt during the day. i quit july 23 after having several students ask me why i smoke and "will you quit for us"
things such as tatoos and piercings are to each his own but do not do it for the wrong reasons. you may regret it in your future. from reading your posts in this thread you seem to be confused and contradicting yourself each time you talk about meeting girls.

Last edited:

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can not tell you whether you should or should not get a tattoo, but I can tell you a little about my own personal experience.

I got my first tattoo the weekend after I turned 18, then got my second tattoo the next weekend. That was roughly 7 years ago. I have had additional tattoos since then, but I will also say that I have had both of my original tattoos changed too. The reason being that I did not put enough thought into my first tattoos. The only reason I do not regret both of my original tattoos is because they both had special meanings to me. I will also say that I have always wanted tattoos, which is another reason I dont regret them.

A few things I have learned over the past 6 years about tattoos:
1) If you have to worry about the price, then dont do it. Tattoos are for life. People spend $100-200 on shoes that last less than a year. So dont be afraid to spend $300+ on a quality tattoo.

2) if at all possible get something custom, not just something off the wall. It will cost more but you will appreciate it more. For more explanation refer to #1

3) Think about how you will be viewed with any tattoo you have. for example, if you get a Ford emblem tattoo people are going to view you as a Nascar Redneck. If you dont want that image then I suggest thinking of other images you like.

4) Do your research on an artist. Ask to see there photo album. Watch them tattoo someone else and see how they work. You dont want to let some random guy put a permanent piece of artwork on your body. A good artist will charge more, but dont let that bother you....refer to #1.

5)IMO, dont go small. A lot of people have tattoos downsized because they are afraid it will be too big or it will cost too much(refer to #1). Majority of the people I know in this situation, including myself, wish later they had done it bigger or to normal size.

I could go on and on, but that is probably enough for you to think about. Hope that helps.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...from reading your posts in this thread you seem to be confused and contradicting yourself each time you talk about meeting girls.

and there you have it....the greatest advise anyone could give...
do it for yourself..."love yourself for who you are...." and then ONLY
then will the women appreciate you.

they take advantage of 'em cause he lets 'em...a tattoo wont
change that.

as i said...get your house in order...the rest will follow...in time...
and be prepared to tough it out...nothing comes easy in
life...including winning the lotto <as you well know>

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An analogy to this.. "A Tattoo will change me in some way, and help me change the way others (Girls) look at me" would be:

If Pewee Herman got a Tattoo of a Big Snake wrapped around his arm.... He would still be...Pewee Herman.

Tats don't & won't change a thing.

We Are who We Are.

IF, we want to change, or modify who we are.. THAT can only be done from the Inside. And it doesnt happen overnight. (or when the Tattoo heals)

We're going back'n forth here like a Tat is the worst thing you can do. It aint. But it seems like a Permanent Solution to a Temporary Problem. Yer come'n down from an emotional time in your life. Give yourself some time. Be good to yourself, give your Mom a Big Hug, Say Hi to strangers, Open a door for a lady, buy some new clothes, get some new Aftershave, put a coat of high dollar wax on your truck.

Give yourself some TIME. Take care of YOU. On the Inside.

If you've noticed: the word >TIME< has been used alot in the above Posts.

Give youself some TIME.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day, you were saying that you did not have money to eat. I think food would be a higher priority than a tatoo.

You have been getting some great advice here, you would be a wise man to use some of it. :)

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
ok Ill start. I got this because these kinda chicks are a pain in my back.

get it....:roflmao :tounge
no I kid I love them *if my gf of now is looking*

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Just think of this, can you:
-show it to your mama, without bein ashamed?
-hang it on your wall in your house for everyone to see?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14