This ain't working out like I'd hoped------

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, layer #2 of JB Weld is on, as well as a small piece of aluminum to reinforce the end where the crack is. Tomorrow I'll add some more LB Weld to contour the layered build up around the added piece and to flare out the edges of the JB Weld somewhat and give it more of a finished appearance. I'll let that all set up for another 24.

I'm taking a slow & sure approach to this with the general idea that a few thinner layers will setup better with fewer air bubbles than a single thick layer will.

I'm guessing on Sunday I'll put it all back together and see what happens. :pray

Good Method & Approch to it TG ;tu

The Layering method has worked for me many, many, Many times.... on a lota stuff thru the years.

Sunday will tell the tale.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The final layer of JB Weld is on. I'm going to give about 24 hours to cure before I put it all back together.

Before:
View attachment 9980

After:
View attachment 9981

It isn't real pretty. But all things considered, it was my best shot.
Trying to apply JB Weld on the verticle side of a small hole when you're hanging head first into the engine compartment with a hood latch stabbing you in the belly, isn't an ideal working condition.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
The final layer of JB Weld is on. I'm going to give about 24 hours to cure before I put it all back together.

Before:
View attachment 9980

After:
View attachment 9981

Trying to apply JB Weld on the verticle side of a small hole when you're hanging head first into the engine compartment with a hood latch stabbing you in the belly, isn't an ideal working condition.

that's what you need a Topside Creeper for....
I'd let you borrow mine, but I don't have one either... :rolleyes:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I never thought about the "liquidity" of those aluma-weld sticks.. I mean, you can usually play with the heat when you're slobbering or brazing and build up the bead, I figured the HTS would be close..

looks like not, huh?

I hate, I hate, I hate, using those aluma-weld sticks they SUCK!!!! I took 15 pounds of sticks and tossed them in the scrap been. I'll use a mig gun anyday.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My PSD Hood Latch poking me in the Lower Abdomen, Bellybutton, Sternum, Ribcage avoidance and protection devise is:

Half of the foam stuff'n from an old Pillow sandwiched between an old doubled-over Floor Rug.. laced together with parachute cord. And a step stool.

Works Well :dunno

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I hate, I hate, I hate, using those aluma-weld sticks they SUCK!!!! I took 15 pounds of sticks and tossed them in the scrap been. I'll use a mig gun anyday.

dig 'em out and send 'em to me!!!
I wanna see how bad they suck, too!!! :lmao

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
My PSD Hood Latch poking me in the Lower Abdomen, Bellybutton, Sternum, Ribcage avoidance and protection devise is:

Half of the foam stuff'n from an old Pillow sandwiched between an old doubled-over Floor Rug.. laced together with parachute cord.

Works Well :dunno

I had a Mac rollercart that was made out of molded plastic...
can't remember exactly what, but I blew the bottom out of it..
I saved the cover.. big square board 18" x 24" I use that...
but I want a topside creeper
And if you poke the link, you'll see the guy in the picture is fixing an HPOP res on a SuperDuty... :innocent

Last edited:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It looks beautiful...especially if it holds oil. Good luck!!!;tu;tu

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
but I want a topside creeper
And if you poke the link, you'll see the guy in the picture is fixing an HPOP res on a SuperDuty... :innocent

I'd love to have one of those, but besides getting the beast running again, my focus is getting ready for school in August. That especially includes getting a set of tools for school and subsequent work. I've already spent about $700 and only have about half of whats on the school's tool list. I've got about $400 to go in tools needed for the first semester. I still need to get my tool box. But good news!!! The one I've decided on is on sale for $558at Menards for Father's Day. :thumbs:thumbs

View attachment 9985
I've already got the add-on cabinette that hangs on the side. I pick it up when it was on sale a few weeks ago. One of my instructors recommended only bringing the lower portion to school. That way I can use the top as a work surface/ laptop work station. So if I need more storage space, I can hang the side cabinette without loosing my portable work bench.

I've got a fairly impressive set of tools for work in the garage/driveway. But they won't cut it for professional duty. They're kinda of a mix of stuff I've collected over the years, in many cases I can't remember where from.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14