This ain't working out like I'd hoped------

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any more news? If you take your time like you did things usely work out the best. Hope all stayed together for ya.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Any more news? If you take your time like you did things usely work out the best. Hope all stayed together for ya.

The only thing so far is a small drip underneath from the torque convertor cover. Usually when folks see a drip from there, they automatically think rear main seal, but that's seldom the case. A lot of times it's coming from the EBPV actuator. I know that's not my problem, my turbo pedestal doesn't have one.

I can't tell yet where the drip is coming from, but it doesn't look like its coming from the front of the engine valley. It may be some residual drip, but don't know yet.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This site never ceases to amaze me with the amount of knowledge contained within it's pages, posts, and members! Not only is THIS particular post good for gaining repair tips, but also for tool info! (Thanks TG!) :hail

This is probably common knowledge to all of you mechanics out there, but I thought the "topside creeper" was one of those tools that gophers are sent after (similar to blinker fluid, metric vice grips, muffler bearings, bolt stretcher, etc., etc.). Guess I missed the link that JLDickmon posted when I was reading this earlier.

I'm not a mechanic, but I want me one of those creepers!! I've been around mechanics all my life, but just wasn't born with the grease monkey gene. All the mechanics I've been around never had fancy-schmancy stuff like that... they always just tip-toed on the bumper, or used carpet & cardboard. That creeper is awesome! (I'm easily amused) Wonder if I could justify buying one by saying that I need it to change the fuel filters on the truck?? :sly

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
This site never ceases to amaze me with the amount of knowledge contained within it's pages, posts, and members! Not only is THIS particular post good for gaining repair tips, but also for tool info! (Thanks TG!)

ur welcomed. I found that some of the "other" sites were too large and a bit overwhelming with too much to follow. This one is just about right. :sweet

I'm not a mechanic, but I want me one of those creepers!! I've been around mechanics all my life, but just wasn't born with the grease monkey gene. All the mechanics I've been around never had fancy-schmancy stuff like that... they always just tip-toed on the bumper, or used carpet & cardboard. That creeper is awesome! (I'm easily amused) Wonder if I could justify buying one by saying that I need it to change the fuel filters on the truck?? :sly

I'd like to get a topside creeper, but it ain't in the budget right now. I did make kind of a home made version for working on things in the turbo area. But I couldn't use it with my recent HPOP related "projects" for the fact my "creeper", more of a belly board, isn't adjustable. If you look in the picture, you can see the board positioned over the engine compartment.
View attachment 10018

The only thing so far is a small drip underneath from the torque convertor cover. Usually when folks see a drip from there, they automatically think rear main seal, but that's seldom the case. A lot of times it's coming from the EBPV actuator. I know that's not my problem, my turbo pedestal doesn't have one.

I can't tell yet where the drip is coming from, but it doesn't look like its coming from the front of the engine valley. It may be some residual drip, but don't know yet.

I just got back from a trip to town to the post office. No more drip. Must have been residual oil from my HPOP reservoir leak. It was pretty bad the first time I put it together, not as bad the second try. But all told, I lost between 3-4 gallons of oil before I got it isolated. It's kinda hard to find an oil leak when the whole engine and truck under side all the way to the rear bumper is soaked with Rotella. :dunno:dunno

sk8er32283

sk8er32283
Reaction score
topside creepers

Keep your EYE on craigslist. I just scored a topside creeper for $25 normally around 300 new. A little bit of spray paint and greas, but I am sure I will add my own layers of grease and paint. Then it will really be mine. The guy was getting rid of stuff from a fleet shop he was shutting down. I couldn't aford not to get this deal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14