This ain't working out like I'd hoped------

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
so far, so good.

I got it all back together and took a trip into town to a coin car wash the oil out of the engine valley. I checked where the leak was a few times and so far, I can CAUTIOUSLY state that, so far it's looking good. Time will tell if it holds up. If it don't, I sure I'll be here saying so.

As long as I was in town, I got my tool box at Menards. (see above pic) Between the 3 toolbox sections and getting the tools on sale, I'd guesstimate I've saved over $250 so far. Mrs TG ain't real enthusiastic about my tool shopping spree. She is reluctant to accept the concept that I can't go to school & work on airplanes with the sorry tool menagerie I have. But I think even she is at least slightly impressed by my amount saved to date.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
so far it's looking good.

Glad to hear it is working. I have never had much faith in JB weld but when applied properly(like you did)many guys have had good luck with it. If it is not leaking and you got good adhesion it should hold for years to come. My only concern would be where the JB will go if it does fall off. I have don't recall but is there a screen or something in the bottom of the reservoir to keep the JB from going through the pump? If not could you put a screen in the area around the JB?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it all back together and took a trip into town to a coin car wash the oil out of the engine valley. I checked where the leak was a few times and so far, I can CAUTIOUSLY state that, so far it's looking good. Time will tell if it holds up. If it don't, I sure I'll be here saying so.

;tu

Good to hear it's.. So far, So Good TG.

With the time, prep and caution you put in to the repair.. It should work. Time will, in fact... Tell.

Joe

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
that's what you need a Topside Creeper for....
I'd let you borrow mine, but I don't have one either... :rolleyes:

Tg i have one of them topside creepers, best $$ i ever spent to work on these trucks
I like you JB weld approach, i could only imagine you heating it up with a torch , whilst getting poked by a latch :D:lmao

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sent it to me and i will tig weld it.

That is a very nice offer but the problem is not the welding but the R&R. If he removed it he would replace it with a new piece but in order to remove it the engine needs to be pulled which is a big project.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14