To the shop I go

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I'm taking the truck into the shop to get a new EGR cooler in the morning :rant (under warranty though:sly ) and was wondering what else you guys think I should have them look at, or for, while they're working on it.

Thanks for your suggestions:notworthy

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Great time to do it while its all apart. That repair is so common I'm sure they will do it if you tell them its not starting as quick as it once did.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I asked them about the TSB, and gave him the info I had on it (thanks Bush) he wrote it all down and didn't say much, so I think they're going to do it, I guess we'll see:dunno

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the Ford Dealership, and my EGR cooler is bad, as I susptected, along with

2 injectors
oil cooler
head gaskets

I had no idea that I was having any injector problems, and I don't know how the tech determined that they were bad, the oil cooler was not a suprise, and the head gaskets I knew was a possibility. They are also going to check on the TSB for the HPOP.

Now I am trying to convince them to put in head studs for me, instead of the head bolts, if I supply the studs.

Can anyone tell me the real difference between ARP head studs and the H11 head studs, other than a couple hundred bucks?

All I can say is that I am very fortunate, and am glad I was upfront with this dealer about the performance equipment on my truck, they are going to do all the work under warranty for me, they are just asking me to pay a couple hours labor to remove the power steps so they can pull the cab off, and to remove the six-gun, and then reinstall it all.

sorry for the long post

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good deal !
whats the name of THAT dealer !

so do you know if the oil cooler had a reduction in flow <blockage> that
caused the egr cooler to over heat and crack ???

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the Ford Dealership, and my EGR cooler is bad, as I susptected, along with

2 injectors
oil cooler
head gaskets

I had no idea that I was having any injector problems, and I don't know how the tech determined that they were bad, the oil cooler was not a suprise, and the head gaskets I knew was a possibility. They are also going to check on the TSB for the HPOP.

Now I am trying to convince them to put in head studs for me, instead of the head bolts, if I supply the studs.

Can anyone tell me the real difference between ARP head studs and the H11 head studs, other than a couple hundred bucks?

All I can say is that I am very fortunate, and am glad I was upfront with this dealer about the performance equipment on my truck, they are going to do all the work under warranty for me, they are just asking me to pay a couple hours labor to remove the power steps so they can pull the cab off, and to remove the six-gun, and then reinstall it all.

sorry for the long post

The tensile strength is about 20,000 lbs. more than the ARP, but I dont really know what all that means.

If your're paying for all this Knick, they would be putting head studs in whether they liked it or not.

And they would still do it if it was covered under warr.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let 'em charge FORD for the head studs (they wont put in) and supply
the studs you WANT....they get a little more margin and you get
what YOU want...seems like a no brainer to me.

i suspect unless the ford & arp studs are sitting right next to
each other that no one could ever TELL the difference.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for such the bad luck. But at least they found it now. That is nice that they are going to do it all under warrenty. I would pay for a couple hours of labor and even a 12 of beer for them. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58