To the shop I go

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how high were you running your boost? Glad they are fixing it for you?
You usually run it real hard??

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
let 'em charge FORD for the head studs (they wont put in) and supply
the studs you WANT....they get a little more margin and you get
what YOU want...seems like a no brainer to me.

i suspect unless the ford & arp studs are sitting right next to
each other that no one could ever TELL the difference.

When they put new HG's and my head studs that I bought, you could definately tell a diff, but only in appearance.

The OEM's are bolts, with a about a 9/16 ??? head.

The head studs look like a threaded rod.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they put new HG's and my head studs that I bought, you could definately tell a diff, but only in appearance.

The OEM's are bolts, with a about a 9/16 ??? head.

The head studs look like a threaded rod.

understood...my point is that unless youre pulling the valve cover
or the head you WONT know the difference.

and im not sure MOST of the dealer mechanic would know the diff
w/ the HEADS OF the motor...cripes some of 'em think the trucks
are 24volt !!!

Last edited:

Judge

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the Ford Dealership, and my EGR cooler is bad, as I susptected, along with

2 injectors
oil cooler
head gaskets

I had no idea that I was having any injector problems, and I don't know how the tech determined that they were bad, the oil cooler was not a suprise, and the head gaskets I knew was a possibility. They are also going to check on the TSB for the HPOP.

Now I am trying to convince them to put in head studs for me, instead of the head bolts, if I supply the studs.

Can anyone tell me the real difference between ARP head studs and the H11 head studs, other than a couple hundred bucks?

All I can say is that I am very fortunate, and am glad I was upfront with this dealer about the performance equipment on my truck, they are going to do all the work under warranty for me, they are just asking me to pay a couple hours labor to remove the power steps so they can pull the cab off, and to remove the six-gun, and then reinstall it all.

sorry for the long post

Again...Whats the name of that Dealer?????? :dunno

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i am jelious that dealer doesn't do business in my town. I have to put my cat back on to expect any dealer to even look at my truck. How great it would be though if you get the best of all worlds and get new studs and a new egr cooler.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Needless to say, I am very grateful that they're doing it under warranty.
If any of you want the name of the dealer, please send me a PM requesting it, maybe I'm a little paranoid but I don't wanna post it on here, as you never know who might be looking, and I don't wanna get anyone in any trouble, and have to end up paying for it.

No word on weather or not they'll do the headstuds for me yet, but they say I should get the truck back next week sometime. But I refuse to pressure them, I'd rather them take there time and do a good job than be rushed and screw something up.

What would cause just 2 injectors to go bad??

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Knick, if your're buying the head studs, I dont see what the big deal would be for them to install them. They gotta put something back in the holes anyway.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I talked to them this morning, and they are going to put in the head studs for me:D

And yes there name is a secret:tounge

if you read me previous post completely,, it explains why I'm not posting it, and maybe I'm a bit paranoid:watchout

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Knick, if your're buying the head studs, I dont see what the big deal would be for them to install them. They gotta put something back in the holes anyway.

He was worried about future warranty issues that might arise if they have to pull the heads again, and see studs in there and non Ford parts. I told him not to worry about it, if it needs work again, I'll be bringin' it back to him anyways, and he'll already know about them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58