To the shop I go

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish the dealers here was that nice? I'm going to have to do the head studs my self. O'well it should take a good day to do it. I was hoping not to get my hands greasy anymore.....LOL

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish the dealers here was that nice? I'm going to have to do the head studs my self. O'well it should take a good day to do it. I was hoping not to get my hands greasy anymore.....LOL

are they STUPID...theyd rather have NO MONEY than ALL of
it (even if it is at the 1/2 rate)?? freekin brain dead dealers...i see
greed has made itself all the way to the BACK of the dealers now !

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score

Its gonna take you more than a day to do head studs for a 6.0L.

You can do them with the engine in, but its gonna take a day just to get all the stuff out
from around the engine, so you can pull the heads off.

The best way is to either lift the cab up or pull the motor.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are they STUPID...theyd rather have NO MONEY than ALL of
it (even if it is at the 1/2 rate)?? freekin brain dead dealers...i see
greed has made itself all the way to the BACK of the dealers now !

AMAN!!!!!!!!!:hail

I'll lift the cab it's faster. I'll see if it's any better from when I worked in the Dealership in the late 80's early 90's. This should be fun...LOL

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
AMAN!!!!!!!!!:hail

I'll lift the cab it's faster. I'll see if it's any better from when I worked in the Dealership in the late 80's early 90's. This should be fun...LOL

May the force be with you Dogman
starwars.gif

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this worked out great my brother inlaw poped his head gasket on his PSD. So I worked on it sat. and got it done in 13.5 hours. Started at 7 am done and driving it by 8:30 pm and holy crap the heads are heavy. If you goto do it your self Lift the body much EZer to work on the motor, everything is right there. It took about a 1 1/2 hours to pull the body and drain the cooling syst., unplug some wires, hoses, unbolt the steering arm and about 2 hours+/- to hook it all back up. AND No I did not take pics, I just wanted to get done. But I will when I do my truck.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
They finally got the cab pulled on my truck today, and the tech said he hopes to get the heads off by quitting time, or first thing in the morning. Hopefully I will have it back at the end of the week.
Till then it's :biking for me (yeah right:rolleyes: )

On a side note, Bama, I don't know how you did it, I've been without my truck for 10 days and I'm going :CRAZY I can't imagine being without it as long as you were. :hail :hail :hail

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58