Truck cuts out

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`ll look into changing the pump. When the pump is changed & you get air in the system it will miss & run like crap for about 100 miles- right ? I hope this is the problem. ;tu

No after it warms up, and you drive it. It will be fine. Oil even bad oil won't cause what your talking about.
If you buy a good used one. Buy the o-ring kit for the 3 fittings, so you don't have to worry about oil leaks.

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen that a lot. That is the easiest way to explane it. ( It feels like a bad spark plug ) Your going to find it's the High pressure oil pump. Maybe have a tech at Ford diag it. It would be easy for them. All they have to do is take a P.I.D recording (record sensors) ICP, and IPR. Your going to see spikes in the recording. I have never seen a ICP sensor, or IPR ever cause that problem only the High Pressure oil pump. Or any buddies with the same truck ? 99-03 7.3. Try there pump it won't cost you anything except a day. I bought one out of a Yard for 100 dollars here in Phx.

My injector pressure was good. I was holding the MODIS scanner with the mechanic driving and the injector pressure hit up to 2400+psi.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something else I keep frogeting to mention....it started doing this after I flipped my chip going down the road and it made my truck miss (BAD) like the signal to the injectors completely cut out for a second. Been doing it ever since then. Thats why I'm thinking electrical :dunno

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My injector pressure was good. I was holding the MODIS scanner with the mechanic driving and the injector pressure hit up to 2400+psi.

What he checked was the max, output of the pump. Did the truck act up while he was driving ? The other member that were talking with also. Read what he said. The truck acts like a miss, and runs great at full boost. If he had that scanned he would see max pressure also at wide open throttle.
It happens to fast, thats why he should of took a recording. When the problem happens you start the recording. (it goes back 10 seconds) You'll see everything great, then the problem. Again did the truck act up, and I never heard any problems about WOT.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he checked was the max, output of the pump. Did the truck act up while he was driving ? The other member that were talking with also. Read what he said. The truck acts like a miss, and runs great at full boost. If he had that scanned he would see max pressure also at wide open throttle.
It happens to fast, thats why he should of took a recording. When the problem happens you start the recording. (it goes back 10 seconds) You'll see everything great, then the problem. Again did the truck act up, and I never heard any problems about WOT.

Not before I had to take it to the shop. I could floor it no problem and take off. On my way back home from the shop, I was affriad to try because the way it acted acclerating. Whats the psi on the oil pump suppose to be at idel? Is there any way to do a guage for that? I wouldn't think so because of all of the pressure it can make.

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not before I had to take it to the shop. I could floor it no problem and take off. On my way back home from the shop, I was affriad to try because the way it acted acclerating. Whats the psi on the oil pump suppose to be at idel? Is there any way to do a guage for that? I wouldn't think so because of all of the pressure it can make.

You need to be able to get the truck to act up. (you can't fix somthing that's not broke) Take a log when it happens, everytime. There is lot's of things it can be. The other member we were talking with narrowed it right down. That doesn't meen you have the same problem. And is the truck doing this in the stock setting ? Don't replace any parts, just give more info. Read #22-#28

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58