Truck VIOLENTY shakes after lift

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Those angles actually look pretty much the same as my stock 05. The last pic looks kinda wonky, but it could be the camera angle.
With the bent bar tho, I would kinda think there would be more angle change throughout the susp travel than there would be with a straight bar and dropped bracket. ICON seems like a company that would have done their homework tho, at least I would think so.

One other question, when the track bar was put back on, did it get the full 400 ft/lb of torque applied???

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other question, when the track bar was put back on, did it get the full 400 ft/lb of torque applied???

thats the last thing I have to address...I will be amazed if its just that. I used a 250lb tq wrench and got it there...then cranked it as much as I could. brought it in for an alignment and they cranked on it too. i dont know where it sits but i have a 600lb tq wrench on the way to check it.

Reaction score
The shims for the drive shaft took out my take off shudder. Your shake is coming from the suspension. If it was the driveshaft it is a vibration that can be felt not the truck jerking around.

Powerstrokebloke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
From what I am reading, your wobble is what is known as "castor wobble" here in australia, and I had it really bad in my old red truck pictured in my avatar.
I used to jerk the wheel violently to the left to stop it, always worked.

What I did to fix it eventually, after the drop pitman arm, steering dampers, many wheel alignments was to rotate the front axle to bring the castor back into spec, and never another problem.

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also suspicious the the trac bar alignment in the last photo. That looks way out compared to the drag link. If the angles don't line up, you will get wobble to a certain extent

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also suspicious the the trac bar alignment in the last photo. That looks way out compared to the drag link. If the angles don't line up, you will get wobble to a certain extent

can i get some pics to compare?? or take mine and show me??

dubious

dubious
Reaction score
the trac bar and drag link should run parallel to prevent bump steer, and yes you need to drop the pitman arm to get the castor back.
The most expensive kits come with drag link and trac bar drop brackets to bring everything back to stock angles.

Call donahue or ORU, or any of the expensive, extensive suspension companies, tell them you have death wobble, and ask if you need a drop pitman arm to match the lift kit.
Guaranteed, they will say yes, you need the angles corrected for the lift!

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the trac bar and drag link should run parallel to prevent bump steer, and yes you need to drop the pitman arm to get the castor back.
The most expensive kits come with drag link and trac bar drop brackets to bring everything back to stock angles.

Call donahue or ORU, or any of the expensive, extensive suspension companies, tell them you have death wobble, and ask if you need a drop pitman arm to match the lift kit.
Guaranteed, they will say yes, you need the angles corrected for the lift!

you know this is over a year old right?

and the "expensive" kit I have (Donahoe/Icon) doesnt come with drop brackets and they DO NOT recommend them for this lift.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58