Very rough idle help please!!!!!!!!!!

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Did you "run out of fuel" in this scenario? I had the same issue just a few weeks ago. I was limping along to a fuel station, and she started to sound like a cummins. Fueled up with 5 gal and drove off, well as soon as I hit the ramp she stalled and sputtered. took me 5 min to get her started and even then she was really sick. I was hoping to make it to the cheaper station 7 miles away, only reason I put 5 in. even then she should have ran fine. back on the highway I couldn't get over 35 and when I did she would cut off and I would coast to the shoulder. My fuel pressure was reading 60 psi and I knew I was getting fuel but it was acting really strange. I opened the water drain and I had foamy fuel! Yes the dreaded foamy fuel. So adding another 10 gallons might have helped your cause. Just an experience that I figured might help in the future since you now have all the other bases covered! LOL

Glad to hear it's fixed.
Happy Driving!

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah it was definatly the clip under the valve cover, but thanks for the post. I will now never let my truck get under a 1/4 tank

dMerre89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mine did the same thing, a little under 1/4 tank and she died.. what do I need to make the gauge more accurate?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
mine did the same thing, a little under 1/4 tank and she died.. what do I need to make the gauge more accurate?
How many gallons did you get in it? Question is, was it truely empty or is there another problem. Your guage might very well be accurate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58