Wasn't Thinking!!

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is another fear of mine ... I am so paranoid of putting gasoline in my diesel truck ,, that whan I drive my wifes Tahoe 5.7 ( when my ford is down)
I fear filling it with diesel lol

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have another vehicle, a Toyota Corolla, that I had that fear for, but it is totally natural to put gas in the car and diesel in the truck. I would be very surprised if I grabbed the wrong handle.

Dave

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I thought that as well. Was in a hurry, thinking about other things,hadn't had my 1st cup of coffee yet. But I came to my senses when only 4.9 gals. went in her. Coulda been way worse. Like, if I would have walked in for that cup of joe!

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a mix.
When I drove a fuel tanker. There was guys that would cross mix all the time with diesel and gas. Like put 10k of gas on to of 10k diesel. They would send me over to do a pump out of a hot load, then pump the hot load back into the terminal tank were it would mix down with new fuel. Then they would do a flash test on it, then send it right back out on my truck for another station.

That is interesting, I wouldn't have guessed that- but that is good info to lock into the mental rolledex!!!!!!:sweet ;tu

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What drives me nuts here is the color of the filler handles. Hess use orange for diesel, Marathon uses green for diesel, Shell uses yellow, others uses red or black. So you have to look twice before you pump. There starting to get everything one coler now so......

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good point .. how stupid is that ! remember old school you could not put reg in an unleaded vehicle // they could have spent a dime and solved the gas / diesel issue also

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Here in Canada or in New Brunswick the nozzles are all in green, but the nozzle size is now small like the gas size. It use to be bigger and I could feel the difference. I have been driving diesels for over 20 years now and never did the mistake because when I fuel the Diesel vehicles it's much different at the pumps here, but when I look for Diesel pumps in the states I get confused because of the green nozzles used on Gasoline pumps.

We use to put 1 gallons of Gasoline in our VW Diesel here in the winter so the fuel would not gel as much. But I have never put it in my trucks. Those VW pumps would pump anything that burn anyway just like the old diesel trucks did.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What drives me nuts here is the color of the filler handles. Hess use orange for diesel, Marathon uses green for diesel, Shell uses yellow, others uses red or black. So you have to look twice before you pump. There starting to get everything one coler now so......

x2!!!! :rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58