Watch out for crazy 18 wheelers...

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I have to bring it up... Can you imagine if you were driving a Smart car, or civic in this situation? :eek:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Great point, Tampa. He would have been wearing the smart car. The pictures clearly show where the carnage entered the vehicle.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow,,, I would say that you are here by just a couple of inches. As others have said, you can replace "my truck", which we all know how you feel when we buy and pamper our trucks, but you are still among us, and that was way to close. You might want to say a extra thank you when saying your next prayer.

Years ago, a logging truck was coming at us, and made a right turn. When he did this, one of his logs was so long that it came into our lane and ripped off our mirror. I had the brakes locked up looking at that log coming at the cab.
I thanked God that day. 12" sooner and I would not be here now.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some mods would be coming off to, if Ins. wont give up the money.

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
OUCH... Glad you are OK.

Looks like the airbag deployed? Do those things smack you in the face and leave a mark?

By the way I am "Crazy" and I am "Truck driver" but I keep it on my side of the road. Your post should read "incompetent". :D
incompetent
1: not legally qualified
2: inadequate to or unsuitable for a particular purpose
3 a: lacking the qualities needed for effective action b: unable to function properly

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Wow Stroke, glad to hear you're ok. That sucks about the truck. It was beautiful. Can't wait to see pics of the new baby. Good luck and keep us posted!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
OUCH... Glad you are OK.

Looks like the airbag deployed? Do those things smack you in the face and leave a mark?

By the way I am "Crazy" and I am "Truck driver" but I keep it on my side of the road. Your post should read "incompetent". :D

It funny you say that about the airbag.. both deployed.. but I really don't remember gettin smacked or anything like that.... it was just like.. here comes the trailer.. a really LOUD BANG... then like... what just happened??

Also... I really didn't intend on the crazy 18 wheelers comment to seem like I was putting everyone who drive a big rig into some bad group... I promise I never intended on it sounding that way... like I said before.. I have plenty of friends who drive (and like you they are crazy at times) but not when they are operating such powerful machinery....

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air bags won't smack you in the face unless your in a head on collision (head and body have to move forward). They can easily leave a mark if they hit you though. I hit a deer a few years back and had scrathces on my wrist and forearm from the bags hitting me.

Last edited:

jviola

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!

Glad your ok. Hang some pics in your tool box hall of fame so you never forget and i hope you have fun building a new one.:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58