What chip or programmer for 99 7.3

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
before ya go addin any power upgrades i would strongly recomend gauges the power aint no good if ya melt 'er down!!

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of mpg you guys gettin from a chip? Im mainly in it for fuel mileage. right now im up to 18mpg and its all stock besides the tymar set up and running 2stroke oil in my tanks.

18mpg stock:eek: According to my lye-ometer I was getting 12mpg at stock. Its impossible for me to figure manually what my actual mpg becuase my spedometer is off with my tire size. But according to the computer, my chip added 2-3mpg with the 75hp setting. I have heard of other guys seeing better numbers with Tony's tunes. I JUST got my 4" exhaust put on about 4hrs ago, and now on the lye-ometer im getting 18+ mpg. But if thats what you're really getting :clap: I'm not doubting you, I've just never heard that. I wish my truck started out at 18 lol

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Oh yea gauges are a must. Already been lookin. I wont even install the chip till i get the gauges hooked up, not worth melting the motor. I will be gettin 4" turbo back exhaust with 5" stacks too. I believe my tires are stock size, maybe a lil wider. I did the tymar airfilter, cut the muffler off and replaced my EBPS pipe, it was plugged and rusted in two. I also add 14-16oz of tcw3 supertech 2 stroke oil. I figured my mileage manually. I drove it like an absolute grandma. I went a lil over 427 miles on a tank of fuel. I think it was like 17.8mpg. I keep hearin people gettin in the low 20's in mpg. I'd like to get up in that area. I mean im damn happy with what im gettin now compared to what i was gettin in my old rigs.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a set of glowshift gauges off ebay for $200 and LOVE THEM. I can adjust them to 7 different colors. I like using the red for when I'm driving late at night so its not blinding me. They also had a pillar cover in my color. I also like it because it covers the whole pillar, not one of thos that looks like a patch.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I've always like the looks and features of the glowshifts but somepeople say they arent very accurate and dont last? How long you have yours? Are they accurate? I would definately be up to gettin some but just heard to many bad things about them.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always like the looks and features of the glowshifts but somepeople say they arent very accurate and dont last? How long you have yours? Are they accurate? I would definately be up to gettin some but just heard to many bad things about them.

Well idk how I would compare them to being accurate. But ihave hit 1300* getting on it REALLY hard and thats over what it needs to be, but I just peeked it right before shifting. That sounds to like accurate gauges to me...I may be wrong. I've had mine on for about 3 months now. You can look at my photobucket pics in my sig and you can see the gauges I have. They do say "Universal" so it doesn't have any redline or caution markings on them so you just have to know the limits. I actually just took video today of them working. I'll post the vids on youtube in a bit.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I've been researching chips. I've narrowed it down to DP, TW, PHP. Any of you guys runs these or have any other insight on them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim