What chip or programmer for 99 7.3

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 305 75 16 which are almost 35 with just a 2inch leveling add a leafs. Rubs a little at full turn but not to bad.
I did the same.....35"x12.50 BFG A/T's with a 2" add-a-leaf triple shocked front.....left the rear at the stock height. No rubbing, but it is very close:sweet. I think your wheel offset will determine whether or not it will rub.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well since I got my truck running back to normal im plannin a trip to colorado in june. Im wanting to get a chip or programmer for it now for better fuel mileage. I was leanin towards a chip from DP but my friend and i got to talkin about chips and programmers. He used to have 7.3's and said the edge evolution does great on the powerstrokes. He said chips dont "talk" to the transmission as much as the programmers do. I thought chips firm up shifts on these trucks?? I have done tons of research on this topic and seems everyone has a chip rather than a programmer. To me the chip is more customized to the truck instead of having already programmed tunes on a programmer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14