What comfort upgrades have you done?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I had all bushings (springs, sway bars, cab bushings, track arm, tie rod ends etc) replaced with Energy Suspension polyurethane. To me that's a comfort upgrade because my suspension and the handling is better than new. Before it was uncomfortable. :cool:

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
BigRedJeep said:
indeed she bought my truck new in 2000 and she pulled a 5th wheel horse trailer and a camper on a regular basis :hail with a 6 speed. if she was a little younger i might have hit on her lol. im 20 she is like 35 or so.
Why not? I would have as long as she wasnt tied up by another man

Tennessee Titan

Eddie Henson
Reaction score
As for the comfort thing,
installed Rancho RS9000x and Landyot's Radius Rods, makes driving the Ex more fun; Dieselsite Heater shut-off valve and a pusher fan in front of condensor coils to drop the A/C temps on those hot Southern days, WeatherTech in-channel visors for a little "bling", and a DVD player to keep the kids occupied (probably the greatest comfort on long trips:drive), and the ever-popular SDD decal on the left barn door :D

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the vent visors in and will be doing some seat covers here soon. The leather is starting to crack and everything on the corner of the drivers seat, I am also going to figure out how to keep that back seat from rattling so much!

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
Alpine Navigation System

I'm off to put in a new Sat Navigation Radio next month. Alpine W200 2-DIN package with a 6.5" screen. It will deal with navigation, it controls an IPOD, it is sat radio (either Sirius or XM) ready (I have Sirius), and it will deal with CD and DVDs. Pretty cool rig for an upgrade. Will post some pics when I get it installed. They are coming out to the stores sometime this month. And just to answer the question before it's asked, NO I'm not putting 5000 watts of power and huge subwoofers in.

This will be the first mod.

By the way, for anyone wanting Sirius, but not wanting to screw up the truck by drilling holes in it. I mounted mine with the suction cup for the windshield. Just stick that thing down in the Cup Holder and throw in some lead fishing weights to keep her there in a turn. It works great and it's the perfect position for the Sportster receiver (right at your fingertips). If you're really serious, you can put in black weights. As a temp mod to try it, it works.

wamcdonald

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
what about changing all the window up/down switches into auto switches? from the driver seat you could open or close all the windows with one push, or adjust them up or down as needed. i dont even know if this is possible, but something i was thinking about on a hot sunny day when i was driving someones car who had it.

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heater core bypass
Changing all my dash lighting to red

Going to get an AIC soon
Going to get a chip soon (Probably from Jody)

I think my favorite mod was pulling out the seats/carpet, and spraying a thick layer of undercoat over the entire floorpan inside the truck and outside. Really helped quiet down the road/engine noise. But beware, you'll smell it for 5-7 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58