Question What did you do to your truck today?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started to notice a little lack of normal power, when towing.. and the fuel pressure was a bit low(er)*.. under demands.... and at start-up, pressure was a bit slow to build up.

Changed out the fuel filters** today. They only had 6.5K on'm but somewhere along the way, I musta gota a slug of sediments.

Turned the key.. pressure Jumped to 70 psi. Life is Good (again)

Joe

* Kinda confirmed my thinking that a fuel pressure gauge will also indicate Filter Condition ??? Hmmmm.

** also noticed that Wix now has the OE filter.. that comes with the Lid/Cap.. that has a flat gasket, No confusion about the bevel ? And a molded nut on the top.. Wrench, insted of a 3/8s drive ? Kinda Cool.

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
* Kinda confirmed my thinking that a fuel pressure gauge will also indicate Filter Condition ??? Hmmmm.

If the gauge is reading after the filter it would. Restriction= lower flow= pressure drop.

The gauge will also tell you when you're outta fuel.
Yes I did it the other day. Pulled up to the pump and looked down as the pressure gauge dropped to 0 :lmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the gauge is reading after the filter it would. Restriction= lower flow= pressure drop.

** Yep. Back in the day.. our Refueler trucks had Inlet.. then Outlet psi gauges on the filter cases.. to monitor the diff.. for filter changes. My gauge reads off on the Outlet side..so a diff/drop.. Would Be.. detected.

The gauge will also tell you when you're outta fuel.
Yes I did it the other day. Pulled up to the pump and looked down as the pressure gauge dropped to 0 :lmao

Haven't done that [Yet]. must be a carry over from my SeaBee dayz.. Running out of fuel waz a Cardinal Sin... Something you'd be RAGGED at for months.;):lmao

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Had a noise I was sure was a differential carrier bearing going out..
turns out was a blown apart Warn lockout..
upgraded to the premium ones, and was lucky enough to find them on a Sunday..

JRJ04

Reaction score
Straight piped it...man it sounds awesome when you just let it rip! Only problem i have...theres a bit of a drone in the cab.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never could find that fuel leak in my valley. Rebuilt the fuel bowl, although I think it was just the parker fuel sleeves. But I figured wth, if your gonna go that far, may as well go all the way!

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
** also noticed that Wix now has the OE filter.. that comes with the Lid/Cap.. that has a flat gasket, No confusion about the bevel ? And a molded nut on the top.. Wrench, insted of a 3/8s drive ? Kinda Cool.

Part number?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim