Question What did you do to your truck today?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I wonder if Power Service 911 or other anti-gel product added would work in preventing that?

No product will stop VO from polymerizing turning it rubbery. My purge times are conservative so my injectors are clean as a whistle. I really should blend in some D2 to my vegoil tank for the winter season. Why this clog formed in the first place is the real mystery. :confused:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
No product will stop VO from polymerizing turning it rubbery. My purge times are conservative so my injectors are clean as a whistle. I really should blend in some D2 to my vegoil tank for the winter season. Why this clog formed in the first place is the real mystery. :confused:

big slug of bacteria?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Bacteria? Nope. I know what a bad case of black fungus growing in a fuel tank looks like as that's what I dealt with in my Mercedes just after I bought it. After a dosing of a biocide the fungus died and stopped clinging to the filter mesh screens. It turned into black specks which eventually made its way to the fuel filter. My truck's fuel tanks (VO and B20) don't have this issue. What I saw in the FPR looked like VO colored hardened silicone with a rubbery texture. VO polymerizes in the presence of heat and oxygen. Put a few ounces of VO in a glass dish in the summer sun and after a few months the surface will form a rubbery skin then after time all the VO will get rubbery.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my new rear pinion seal. This ought to be a lot of fun. Well, a learning experience at least. Then on to the front end bushings, ball joints, tie-rods, bearings maybe. :D

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will learn about Unit Bearings. The front wheel bearings are NOT replaceable. The hub/spindle assembly needs to be changed as a unit - $$$.

Dave

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did Dave! Read up on all of it.

Got that leaking pinion seal replaced. And for what the stealership was gonna charge? I'm ahead of the game.

Plus being able to work on my truck is just a bonus to owning it !!!!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58