Question What did you do to your truck today?

preito520

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Power Sliding Window Conversion Kit?????

Hey im trying to see if there is a kit for a power sliding window conversion kit availale for my 08. I saw the LC replacement window but would like to convert my exsisting manual sliding window vice replacing the whole thing.

Any Help would be appreciated

Ted

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
As I recall you have to change out the entire window mechanism, frame and all. No kits that I have heard of. Sorry.

Dave

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Winter Cover pix

Here's my Alaska Tent & Tarp winter cover. Got the bug screen too. Might add 2 more snaps on top. Sorry for the dirty looking truck, I've had to actually use it a lot lately!

With the cover in place and the temps about 10F this afternoon, it got to full temperature (203F) according to my coolant temp sensor...and without it, it was hard pressed to get to 190F.

The zipper is nice, but I wish I'd set the snaps out another inch or two so I'd get a wider "V" at the top. But...the grill is cracked from age so maybe it'll need replacing some day...:D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The zipper is nice, but I wish I'd set the snaps out another inch or two so I'd get a wider "V" at the top.

Put another snap between the top ones and you will have three V settings for different ambient temperatures. Mine is usually zipped all the way up with the fan removed but as spring arrives I will start with a small V then medium one then on to a large V. Once we get into the 40's I remove the front and reinstall the fan.

Fine69

Reaction score
I walked past it all nice and warm and CLEAN in the garage. Not being covered in salt is NICE. I might just leave it in there all winter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg