What is needed to service a 6.0 ?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to the World of "Customer Performed Maintenance"

FWIW ? I bought a 25 X 36" drip pan (WM) and bolted a grab handle on both ends. Put the drain pan on It, slide it under the truck and open the Fumoto. While the oil drain is going on, I do the other Under the hood checks and change the oil filter. I also check all the tire pressures (spare too):dunno

By the time that's all done.. close (wipe off) the Fumoto.. grab the drip pan and slide it out from under.. poor in the fresh oil. Done Deal.

If there's any drips or spills as you slide the drain pan out, the drip pan will catch'm.. not the driveway or garage/shop floor.

Joe

Wm, Auto Zone and the like, have a good Blitz brand, Drip Pan and an oil Drain pan (mentioned earlier ?) that will hold all the oil these PSD's hold. (It'll be FULL when yer done... be sure the poor spout cap is On and the vent cap is Open) (Been There, Done That.. whilst having a Brain Anomaly)

I saw last night while looking in the automotive section at Wally World, they had a oil can designed to carry off your used oil to be recycled. It was only 3.97, so I think I will use that to drain the oil right into it.

That's one reason I went ahead and bought the Fumoto with the nipple, the drain hose and the clamp, so it can pour right into the collection can.

Also just bought the upgraded HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade
Item Number: 6E7Z-9C082-A/2589259C91 from dfuser, 19.99 and FREE shipping and handling. :sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw last night while looking in the automotive section at Wally World, they had a oil can designed to carry off your used oil to be recycled. It was only 3.97, so I think I will use that to drain the oil right into it. :sweet

Interesting. I might look into that.. Will it hold 15/16 quarts ?? Was it round & flat, Black or Yellow plastic ?

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much is a 5 gallon plastic gas can ? you could use one of those.

I use old 5 gallon jugs that paint came in...Cleaned 'em out
and theyve got a nice screw on cap... empty my oil catch pan(s)
into the 5g jug, wait til its full and then SAFELY haul it to the
disposal location.

I use cardboard under my oil catch pans...keeps the oil off the
driveway but WONT necessarily save you from a large spill.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Interesting. I might look into that.. Will it hold 15/16 quarts ?? Was it round & flat, Black or Yellow plastic ?

It was black Joe and would hold upto 15 qts.

Today 01:45 PM
bushpilot
how much is a 5 gallon plastic gas can ? you could use one of those.

I use old 5 gallon jugs that paint came in...Cleaned 'em out
and theyve got a nice screw on cap... empty my oil catch pan(s)
into the 5g jug, wait til its full and then SAFELY haul it to the
disposal location.

I use cardboard under my oil catch pans...keeps the oil off the
driveway but WONT necessarily save you from a large spill.

I have a bunch of old 5 gallon buckets that had hydraulic fluid in them, I guess I could use one of those, thought about it, but not long enuf.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was black Joe and would hold upto 15 qts.

Today 01:45 PM
bushpilot

I have a bunch of old 5 gallon buckets that had hydraulic fluid in them, I guess I could use one of those, thought about it, but not long enuf.

you can use just about anything...i used to haul the catch pan
to the disposal but that can get risky.

what ever you use...make sure its top is secure...14qts of oil would
make a NASTY mess if were to spill

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The 5 gallon plastic jugs veggie oil gets delivered to restaurants in work great. You can find them free is you don't mind dumpster diving. My buddy's got a lawn and garden center with a waste oil burner, so its free and easy to get rid of it. Everyone has their own routine once you get going with your own work. The Fumoto is one of the best inventions yet. Once you've changed the oil one time, and got that fumoto on there, future oil changes are a snap. If you have everything handy, including some sturdy ramps, its maybe a 10 minute job. The fuel filters? Well, not so much fun.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
So does this mean you have decided to keep the truck :sweet

I think that would be a yes.

As a matter of fact, just got off the phone with a buyer for one of our
Peterbilt car carriers. All there is left to do is send a bill of sale to his bank
and he will be here next week to pick up the Peterbilt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl