What is needed to service a 6.0 ?

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also use the shell Rotella-T, been using it since I was in high school. I use it my Harley as well. what do you run in your Pete's Bama? the Rotella-T is all my father has run in his big trucks for years.
I buy it by the 5 gallon jug then use an old one to drain the oil into. it just fits under the oil pan (on a 4x4). some times my father gets a deal on 55 gal drums, but usually the 5 gals are the way to go.

dpantazis

Reaction score
bama-

i use 5 gallon buckets with lids and bungs. IMNSHO- the buckets are WAY easier, cleaner and safer than the drain pan. the 15/16qt pans are full to the brim at that level. not easy to move or dump.

a 5 gallon bucket fit under the drain plug with my truck sitting on the ground, just fit with the fumoto valve with the nipple. the nipple is not really necessary but its nice to have.

the drain pan is only used for removing the filter. wally whirled takes the used oil. take it there.

dp

dp

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I also use the shell Rotella-T, been using it since I was in high school. I use it my Harley as well. what do you run in your Pete's Bama? the Rotella-T is all my father has run in his big trucks for years.
I buy it by the 5 gallon jug then use an old one to drain the oil into. it just fits under the oil pan (on a 4x4). some times my father gets a deal on 55 gal drums, but usually the 5 gals are the way to go.

Shell Rotella T is what we use.

But I have a question as far as the oil in my pick-up.

Isn't all the oil such as Wal-Mart's supertech, Castrol, Shell, Delvac, etc all come from the same place, just different packaging?

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pour all my waste oil into 55 gallon barrels behind the shop. I have a guy that comes by every few months and sucks it out with his vacuum truck and goes on his way (free). No mess, no fuss. But that's for a little larger volume. Perhaps you know some people who do this too where you can bring the oil to them and not have to haul it all the way to Wal Mart or wherever. Or people with shop heaters on waste oil will gladly take it too.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Shell Rotella T is what we use.

But I have a question as far as the oil in my pick-up.

Isn't all the oil such as Wal-Mart's supertech, Castrol, Shell, Delvac, etc all come from the same place, just different packaging?

you may want to delete this while its still early.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea Bama they do come from the same place. BUT!! its the additives that each different company adds that is what matters.
I am glad You get to keep your truck.
I took a 55 gal drum and cut it off to catch my oil, BUT!!! if you do this make sure when or if you CUT A BARREL WHAT WAS IN IT BEFORE YOU CUT, it may explode.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bush my 04 holds 16 quarts even, Thats what the manual says and thats what I have been putting in, and its right on the full mark.
Is there a difference in some trucks?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bush my 04 holds 16 quarts even, Thats what the manual says and thats what I have been putting in, and its right on the full mark.
Is there a difference in some trucks?

can you scan a copy of that and post it here...i gotta see that !

the dry engine spec is for 15qt.
the HPOP reservoir holds .95 quarts.

the HPOP reservoir does NOT drain when you change the oil.

the ABSOLUTE Maximum you should be dumping in your
engine after an oil change is 14 quarts simple as that !

if youre putting in more than that you will likely experiance engine
surging from the crank lobes swinging thru the oil in the over
filled pan.

the extra oil creates DRAG on the crank (reducing hp among other
issues)

ps60_022_Lubrication_System.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members