What is your Fuel Economy?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. :(
Ford went to the 6.4 partly because of new smog regulations. They must have a ton of smog equipment on them. :dizzy

So far, best mpg empty is 21 mpg. Average towing mpg is 13.1 mpg pulling a 11,000 pound 5th wheel.
Average mpg empty at 70 mph is 18.5 mpg.

All this with 9,395 miles on the odometer.
2006, 6.0, manual trans, 3.73 gears, stock.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filled up last night after a regen which murdered mileage - my truck thus far on this tank - 15.3 MPG.

If I can pull that out of this thing consistently cruising back and forth to work, I'll be pleased for now.

But, as soon as the smog equipment deletes are there and proven, it's all coming off of my truck.

-Rusty

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I wish the E series got 10+. It is averaging 6-10 miles per gallon at 10,000 miles now. It tows everyday, but nothing over 10,000 lbs. Certain times when I have driven it it was 12 mpg, but I have limited time in it now. I gave it to the service tech with 20 years under his belt. He loves it, but I don't think he is helping the economy any.

Zixxer2Go

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2008 4X4 Crew Cab w/ Short Bed MPG

Details:

1. 3000 miles so far
2. Best mpg was 15.8 on an interstate drive between Nashville & Memphis
3. Best city mpg so far is 12.4

Mods & MPG steps(recent)
1. Bakflip bed cover
2. Hypertech Max Energy (just installed) on Stage 2 tune.
3. Almost max air in tires: 73 psi (80 psi for max loads)

I'll be posting with the Hypertech figures soon...I'm hoping I'll see my mpg boosted by a mile or two!

fasteddie

fasteddie
Reaction score
I just purchased and installed a superchips flashpaq with tuning in it by KEM Performance. NO MORE REGEN! I got rid of the particulate filter, now there is a 5" MBRP cat back exhaust. Also, i installed an S&B intake. I havent really driven it unloaded, but i will post more info and pics later.

pdubbs

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 08 F250 is averaging 14.5 mpg and has 7k miles on it. My best has been 14.9 and my worst has been 12.8 so far. I do about half city and half highway

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys should just sell them 08's and get an obs psd.i got a 97 and im gettin 17-18 city,thats right,your readin it right,its a manual and i lug the garbage out of it around the city.i fill up both tanks up for around 90 bucks and i can go two weeks on it.obs psd 4 life!!!i may not be able to tow as much,but when the 08 stops at the pump with its 20k behind it,the old 97with 10k behind is gonna go chuggin by.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
you guys should just sell them 08's and get an obs psd.i got a 97 and im gettin 17-18 city,thats right,your readin it right,its a manual and i lug the garbage out of it around the city.i fill up both tanks up for around 90 bucks and i can go two weeks on it.obs psd 4 life!!!i may not be able to tow as much,but when the 08 stops at the pump with its 20k behind it,the old 97with 10k behind is gonna go chuggin by.

I hear ya man. I sold an 02 which was getting great mileage. Unfortunately I needed a crewcab cause of my wifes health so I opted for this truck. Mileage aside it's definitely a great vehicle.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont get me wrong,im not doggin the 08,if i could afford one,im sure id have one to.but as of now im an obs guy,so i got to act like it,good luck with it,hope it turns out to be as reliable as the big 7.3.

pullurw8

Who Knows Really??
Reaction score
dont get me wrong,im not doggin the 08,if i could afford one,im sure id have one to.but as of now im an obs guy,so i got to act like it,good luck with it,hope it turns out to be as reliable as the big 7.3.

Yeah right if ford wouldve stuck with something that worked it wouldve been a miracle. Everyone I talk too says the same though get rid of the junk.......the 08, and get a reliable less hassle 7.3.Hell at this point I might trade the 08 for a 7.3 and sit beside the DOT man and blow soot right up there a**. I can understand not polluting the air but honestly if I burn the soot 10 times before it comes out its still coming out. So lets use some sense EPA and quit wasting 35 minutes and 1/8 of a tank of fuel when I regen. Or better yet when I still blow smoke and its white Im still polluting black or white its still pollution right.........sorry I had to vent a little. My DPF is clogged already and the truck stumbbles at 20lbs blows so much white smoke you cant even see the triler behind you, stops spooling until it blows out whats clogged in the filter and pipe then spools and goes?? I had this truck no lie getting 7.2 mpg, I decided to pull out all the stops and pounded on the DPF with the biggest sledge hammer I could find like hell. Now you tell me what sense it made that after I did this I went the same exact route back exactly the same weight and got 11.2 all the way????:rant :rant :rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl