What is your Fuel Economy?

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's getting about 14 unloaded mixed driving on wide 35s. It's a CCSB 4x4. I have been talking to KEM performance and toying with the idea of a full 4" turboback that I'd have to build without the cat or the DPF and then use their programming to bring the mileage up.

Everyone I have talked to loves their product and it's yielding great results for them! One guy is claiming 23mpg with 4.10s...I don't know if I believe that, but if I could get 18-19, the DPF delete with the programmer would pay for itself in 20k miles.

yjboss

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mine's getting about 14 unloaded mixed driving on wide 35s. It's a CCSB 4x4. I have been talking to KEM performance and toying with the idea of a full 4" turboback that I'd have to build without the cat or the DPF and then use their programming to bring the mileage up.

let us know how that works please!

powerwasher

08 SD 6.4L Diesel
Reaction score
My 08 just turned 10k I just calculated the mileage and got 14.5 unloaded and around 10.8 pulling a 6x6x12 enclosed trailer that weighs 4000lbs and a 6x14 open trailer that weighs 8000lbs. Hope that turbo back exhaust works with dpf delete, It sounds like it would pay for itself very fast.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. It's going to be a project for sure, but I figured it will be worth it in the end!

FordGuy100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking off the DPF will result in at least a good 2-3mpg gain. Less back preasure, plus the KEM kit gets rid of the regen, and we all know how much those suck down the fuel. And yes I cant really see how people are complaining about the fuel economy with basically new engines, give it at least 10K miles.

Also, the Job 2 trucks came with the lower valances moved a good 2" forward, and some have said they have added those to job 1 trucks and have gotten a 2mpg gain. Also Job 3 trucks (the trucks they are currently building right now) come with 3.55 gears standard, instead of the 3.73 gears.

My parents rig has just over 5K miles on it, and the best I've seen was 18.7mpg per the computer on the highway doing 60mph. The worst I've seen on it is when I reset the computer, then it started reading out mpg, and then I went WOT up a long hill, it was like 4mpg :D :clap: . By the way there truck is a Job 1 build, 08 F350 CC SRW LB 4x4 6.4/auto all the bells and whistles except rear DVD, it weighs in at just over 8500 pounds I believe.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that these are new motors still, but there are a number of them with over 30k miles still seeing poor mileage. Their numbers are a little bit better, but not significant enough for me. If I can see anywhere near the gains that others have seen with the KEM stuff, it will be worth it time and time again. It will pay for itself in under 6 months with the miles I drive this thing! :D

JEFF69Z28

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I DROVE MY 08 SDCC TO WORK TODAY FIRST TIME IT HAS BEEN DRIVEN THIS FAR IN A MONTH OR 2,ACCORDING TO THE COMPUTER I WAS GETTING 20.8 MPG AT 60 MPH WITH THE CRUISE CONTROL ON.I WILL CHECK IT AGAIN ON THE WAY HOME,I HAVE ALMOST 3000 MILES ON HER SINCE I BOUGHT IT IN AUGUST OF 2007.:)

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. I bought my truck on November 19, 2007 and today it has 8752 miles on it....

The sad part is, I've been switching off between the truck and the Jeep!

jmoney33

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
MPG

I have 3500 miles and am getting around 11.5 all city driving very unhappy with that it is a 250 cc what should I do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58