What was your very FIRST car?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Maxtor, I know you are older than I am; but I am still older than most of the folks around here. But not old enough to need any hips or knees. My time will come I am sure. I have not reached 60 yet.

Hombre, nice looking car and I am glad to see you drive it!!

Dave :)

Hi Dave;

You would be surprised to see how many young people, in their 40's and 50's have replacement surgery. In fact, my first hip problem started while I was in my late 50's. Enjoy the good years of no physical problems, because health problems start compounding after 60. It is good to have you and I and a few other oldsters around to give the younger guys input on our experiences, so hopefully it will keep them from making some of the mistakes we made. I enjoy talking to people our age, and reminiscing about things we saw and did as youngsters. :sweet

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of these:

View attachment 5349

1971 Trans Am. Built it up in High School.

Still have in in storage, waiting for me and my son to re-build again.

Trying to find a pic of mine.

I'm the only one of my bud's who still has his High School Baby.

Barrett

Well, here is the one that is hanging on my office wall. This was one of my Graduation Pics.

View attachment 5350

Good thing my mustache grew in finally. :eek:

And here is one during our Homecoming Parade.

View attachment 5352

I had a very, very lucky hood that day! :sweet

Barrett

Last edited:

mwberg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
1950 Buick Super, straight 8 and 3 on the column.

I do get amazed to see all the younguns where their first is in the 70's or 80's.

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my second reply for some reason first reply did not stay on site.

I have enjoyed the replies of first cars.
My first car was a 1957 Ford 4 door Custon 300 with 292and three on the tree. Also radoe and heater, plus vacuum wiper. At the time (1962-64) love the car.

Bestto all

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a CAR. My First Vehicle was, like I said before was a 78 Ford Bronco. My first CAR will be a Shelby GT500. It was supposed to be here May 26 then 6/1 then 6/8 Now 6/15. Last I heard (Tuesday 6/5) it hasn't left MI. I'm now hoping it gets here about the 30 of June My birthday. that way I will not have to pay the State tax on it for a Year!!

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1972 Ford Pinto 2 Door, White with Green interior, 1600 cc engine, 4 speed. Only options were radio and bumper guards. It was actually a good little car, regardless of public opinion.

The Pinto was the smallest car. The biggest (although not a car) was a 1973 Ford B-600 with a 60 passenger Carpenter body. Bought it used in 1977 with 30,000 miles, and used it on a 40 mile per day school bus route in Louisiana. Got another "regular" job shortly thereafter and had to sell it. I should have kept it and leased it back to the school district. It had the 361 V-8 with 4-speed trans, 2 speed axle, 9.00 X 20 tires, actually beefed up like a B-700.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
First car I owned was a 65 Dodge Coronet. The old man taught me to drive on his Jeep. 62 Willy's, 3 on the floor, 4wd, straight cut gears. My dad was an instructor at Chrysler's Old Tappan, N.Y. training school. He was a mechanic for years, a service manager for years, and wound up teaching mechanics and service managers for a living. He had 1 perk from this my brothers and I all were very interested in. He could drive the companies vehicles and switch up very often. And in 1977, he brought home some iron that was awesome. If I had the foresight to actually garage some of these vehicles I'd be wealthy. I bought a 71 road Runner 440 6-pack 4-speed for next to nothing because it had a rod knock. We fixed it in the driveway and I wrecked it not 6 months later. Ahh...memories.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
One of these:

View attachment 5349

1971 Trans Am. Built it up in High School.

Still have in in storage, waiting for me and my son to re-build again.

Trying to find a pic of mine.

I'm the only one of my bud's who still has his High School Baby.

Barrett

Well, here is the one that is hanging on my office wall. This was one of my Graduation Pics.

View attachment 5350

Good thing my mustache grew in finally. :eek:

And here is one during our Homecoming Parade.

View attachment 5352

I had a very, very lucky hood that day! :sweet

Barrett

man that thing is sweet!!!!!!:thumbs

my first was and is my PSD!!!! I do and always will love it!!!

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Cow... herford.... all the free gas she could produce.... I worked on a Dairy farm... Reliable....started every morning....heated leather seats... no a/c
topped out at 6...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58