WVO

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
Rumor has it 5 gallon jugs are 6 bucks there? ( at sams)

Does it matter if its extra virgin oil? LMAO JK

well if it's extra virgin then that must mean that there's more miles left in it so I'd say that it'd increase your mileage. ;)

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont shop at sams (can you say wal-mart? ewwwwwww), so I cant confirm that price, but w0w! if its true?!?! hahahahaha.

WVO is nice if you dont want to mess with brewing Bio. Downside is, you gotta do all the heated tank/lines crap, and purge the fuel rails.

Bio-D means you gotta do some cooking, but you dont have to mess with the truck at all.

If you go the WVO route, and modify the truck, then buying oil at 5 gals for 6 bucks would be worth the trip!

If you brew Bio-D tho, your better off with waste, as the cost of methanol and lye gets you back into the buck a gallon range.

wideopen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O.K. I'm Illiterate with Bio Fuel.

Can one of you guys that are doing it now give a write up on what has to be done so we can run this fuel..also can you give fuel millage increase if any or Performance changes??

Thanks

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to this site, but not new to WVO, just about to sing the birthday song to my 96 WVO burner.

The first of May will be one year and 1500 plus gallons of WVO, and some 23,000 miles or so, :sweet :sweet :sweet on just WVO.
I have put about 30,000 miles total miles so maybe 7,000 miles has been on Dino D, the rest WVO :thumbs

I believe I read somewhere on this site about pumps, the 12 volt pump from Northern Tools was mentioned. It didn't last me long, it has a 20 minute or so duty cycle. That was not long enuff for me and I wore it out or I guess you could say I BURNED it up. :D :D So I now have a 2.5 hp honda gas pump.

I like this site, its "software" is updated from others I have been on. Good luck SDD site!!!

RoReRi

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome RoReRi, glad to see you over here with us now. Dont be a stranger to our world. Sounds like you have put a good number of miles on your rig with WVO.... any issues that you have dealt with that were or are attributed to WVO?

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can say and I'm not 100% sure that WVO caused the problem. The truck had 98,000 miles on it when I got it, so thats kind of where I'm comming from.
I had the lift pump go out on me. It cost me about 80 clams for a new one, and lots of strong language, cut up, and busted up hands.

That was with about 6,000 miles of WVO.

Nothing at all since then, knock wood...

RoReRi

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
I dont shop at sams (can you say wal-mart? ewwwwwww), so I cant confirm that price, but w0w! if its true?!?! hahahahaha.

WVO is nice if you dont want to mess with brewing Bio. Downside is, you gotta do all the heated tank/lines crap, and purge the fuel rails.

Bio-D means you gotta do some cooking, but you dont have to mess with the truck at all.

If you go the WVO route, and modify the truck, then buying oil at 5 gals for 6 bucks would be worth the trip!

If you brew Bio-D tho, your better off with waste, as the cost of methanol and lye gets you back into the buck a gallon range.

Extra Virgin Oil isn't Waste Veggie Oil, why couldn't you just dump straight Extra Virgin Oil right in with the diesel. 5 Gallons for $6 is a deal for fuel & were not supporting the towel heads either. Sounds like an easy answer in the middle of the hot summer heat. Am I missing something?

Dennis

Last edited:

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
Snow, Thats what i was thinking... Or at least a gallon.. Im just not sure how much I can add and be safe.... Without truck mods, in the summer..

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:

I dumped a gallon of canola in my tank this weekend before filling up. So far, any difference, if any, between the canola/diesel blend and straight #2 is very very small. Mostly, the engine seems to be running just a bit smoother at light- to medium-throttle positions but at WOT, I can't tell any difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58