10.9 is getting old.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish the fuel milage was better to, but we all know the govt is not going to care about what we say about fuel milage or cost especially if they can profit off of this going green thing. i was also worried about voiding my warrantee but i am going SCT w/dpf delete in a couple weeks. i figure if anything major breaks i will change it back to stock before i drop it off. as far as oil changes in between, usualy the kid that does oil changes dont seem to concerned about the exaust. i guess just hope for the best at this point!

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....we all know the govt is not going to care about what we say about fuel mileage or cost especially if they can profit off of this going green thing...

share w/ me how the gubermint is making MORE money...their taxes
per gallon of fuel have been CONSTANT...its NOT a percentage rate
of the price...its a FLAT rate per gallon...same as it has been for YEARS !

as for goin' green...the guv aint makin' more money off that EITHER...
fact of the matter is if you burn LESS fuel per mile they stand to have
less tax income.

everything the government does to increase mpg or reduce our dependence
on foreign oil increases government spending (cause they subsidize corn/soy
production, e85 refining & the auto mfg's to come up w/ hybrid cars...including
giving TAX BREAKS to those who BUY hybrids) !

muddobber

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What I really want to know is if anyone has actually done a DPF Delete personally, not someone they know, and how it has worked out? Who makes the best kit? What does it cost? And is it worth doing or is it just spending more money? Sorry for the spelling, but everything looks o.k. in this post. Cummins, Cummins, Cummins. Now I should be able to spell cummins now.:dunno

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id also be interested knowing if any of you 6.4 guys have the 3.55
rear (now standard)...would like to hear what kinda mpg improvement
that has over the 3.73

Bigduallywheels

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We got about 13.4 on the interstate is about the best and that is at 68mph to Va.. Our 07 Dodge 3500 Dually is about 22 mpg + on the interstate :dunno... I know that I will never ever buy another Ford Diesel in tell they can make something with better mileage. They are giving these trucks away in Dallas area you can get a fully loaded 4 door 4x4 for about $38K with a sticker of about $48 to 49K. I paid last night for a gallon of diesel in Rockwall Texas $4.71 a gallon :dizzy:dizzy:dizzy I would have been better off with ther v10 and $3.70 a gallon and about a 10K less price tag. :sorry

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
All the big 3 are giving away the trucks at this point. Which is bad for those of us who own them. Re-sale is abysmal.

FordGuy100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not real sure why you have been advised to slow down or got a spelling lesson. At any rate, a buddy of mine has an 08 F250 6.4 and already has the DPF delete kit on it. Its maybe 3 months old. Night and day, but your dealer has to be cool with it. Sounds like he's not. Its all up to you.

I just said he could consider slowing down, because lets face it, that will save fuel. I know my truck from 60 mph (17mpg average), to 55 mph (19mpg), in those 5 mph that saves a lot of fuel. And to be honest driving to and from school, those 5 miles an hour equate to what, a minute sooner I get home (18 miles each way to school/town to my house)

FordGuy100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
share w/ me how the gubermint is making MORE money...their taxes
per gallon of fuel have been CONSTANT...its NOT a percentage rate
of the price...its a FLAT rate per gallon...same as it has been for YEARS !

as for goin' green...the guv aint makin' more money off that EITHER...
fact of the matter is if you burn LESS fuel per mile they stand to have
less tax income.

everything the government does to increase mpg or reduce our dependence
on foreign oil increases government spending (cause they subsidize corn/soy
production, e85 refining & the auto mfg's to come up w/ hybrid cars...including
giving TAX BREAKS to those who BUY hybrids) !

You just answered your question (sorta). The goverment makes money off of this because the EPA has put on strict emmisions on the new trucks. These means that the new trucks get worse fuel economy. The worse fuel economy means that the average guy will have to fill up more often/more fuel. More fuel, means that even though they havnt increased there taxes, they will be getting more, because the average guy is having to buy more fuel because his truck is getting worse fuel economy.

The new trucks are burning MORE fuel per mile, so to compensate, they should lower the taxes some. Why, because the trucks are using more fuel, so the government is getting more money in taxes because they are buying more fuel. If they lower the taxes some, they will make the same amount of money as they used to, and the average guy will feel a little better. Think about it for a sec, it makes sense!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I just said he could consider slowing down, because lets face it, that will save fuel. I know my truck from 60 mph (17mpg average), to 55 mph (19mpg), in those 5 mph that saves a lot of fuel. And to be honest driving to and from school, those 5 miles an hour equate to what, a minute sooner I get home (18 miles each way to school/town to my house)

Point noted. I missed the part where he mentioned he was always flying.

powerwasher

08 SD 6.4L Diesel
Reaction score
I have had it to the Dealer 2 times and they have attached their laptop, then the bad news always comes next. Laptop says it has the latest program and there is nothing they can do. If I were to do a DPF delete, who has the best kit to do it. Really do not want to get rid of the truck now, as I would just take a beating and it is a nice truck. Just can't seem to get any mileage from it.

Well I have 16,000 miles now. I have gotten a new flash 3 weeks ago and put on the lower front valance from the job 3 trucks, it did nothing to the fuel economy, i had to tell the dealer it was going into regen 3 times in one day to get the re flash. The truck was in idle this weekend for 1hr and it was in regen the whole time. I have know idea why. As far as mods for the truck I just ordered the BANKS intake and exhaust today. It is supposed to get at least 2mpgs better. Well I have to do something because fuel here is 5.29 per gallon. I will report back with details.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58