2 Stroke Oil Works!!!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Anyone been able to locate the Pennzoil TCW-3 oil(non synthetic) for I can't locate it in the stores local to me.

So bill, is this the best 2 cycle oil out there, or just a brand of it you are wanting to try out?

I may start using some in my 6.0 when I get my truck back

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
So bill, is this the best 2 cycle oil out there, or just a brand of it you are wanting to try out?

I may start using some in my 6.0 when I get my truck back

I would STRONGLY advise against that Bama, IMHO, there are plenty of fuel additives available to use, instead of experimenting with a fuel system (6.0) that is known to be sensitive. I've been using either Stanadyne or Schaffer's additives and have been happy with the results.
Not tryin to lecture ya, just being nice :D

Edit: the 6.0 is supposed to be designed to run on ULSD, too

atk

Reaction score
I would STRONGLY advise against that Bama, IMHO, there are plenty of fuel additives available to use, instead of experimenting with a fuel system (6.0) that is known to be sensitive. I've been using either Stanadyne or Schaffer's additives and have been happy with the results.

i did try the 2 stroke oil with cetane boost and without. the only thing i noticed that it did run a little quieter. i went back to lucas, but since i found the PSDK(white bottle) that seems to working for me really well....:thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score

i appreciate the tip roy, really do. :thanks

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
recap

i have the oo 7.3 what oil do i use in my fuel and how much of the additive, what are they:thanks

CHPMustang

Reaction score
i have the oo 7.3 what oil do i use in my fuel and how much of the additive, what are they:thanks
SuperTech 2 cycle oil/Universal TCW-3 from WalMart
Pennzoil 2 cycle Premium Outdoor Multipurpose TCW-3

The recommended amount for 7.3L is 1 ounce Oil to 1 Gallon Diesel fuel,I cannot vouch for use in the 6.0L's yet.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i don't know if anyone has addressed this...but does 2 stroke oil have any anti-gelling capabilities?

i was actually just wondering about this in a thread i had started about race gas, in reference to the gasoline stabilizing capabilities of 2 stroke oil. vp u4.1 has a poured shelf life of about 2-3 days. someone told me that they have been putting a splash of 2 stroke oil in and it stabilizes it (or so he claims)

to quote JLDickmon from that thread....
JLDickmon said:
everything I have that's seasonal use with a gasoline engine, I run very nearly empty and then give it a splash of 20:1... no more than a few ounces.. just enough to wet the fuel lines and carb bowl... in the spring, I fill it with clean, fresh fuel, fire it up and do my thing...

i dont think the 2 stroke oil would be quite as effective in the winter when used in diesel, but i cant see how it wouldn't help at least a little. the only thing that might be a draw back would be that it would increase the pour point a little bit.

i believe some real world testing is in order......:stir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58