AC Mod

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
d00d, thats a little cold to 'steal' the instructions from one of our sponsors without buying his kit. think about it.

I agree, but it's a little cold to charge $50 for a valve that can be purchased for $20-$25 and hardware worth about $5. So that's about $20 for instructions!!!

Thanks for the diagrams. I really do appreciate it. My wife and I are both college students, so we don't have a huge income right now.

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
I agree, but it's a little cold to charge $50 for a valve that can be purchased for $20-$25 and hardware worth about $5. So that's about $20 for instructions!!

you are partially correct, you are paying for Bob's QUALITY kit and instructions, the stocking of the parts, and shipping it to you. Buying from him keeps the lights on around here.

its time or money, take your pick.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with both of you drew and dp.

Here's the thing, like dp said......he is a sponsor and deserves not to be raided. Having said that. If the instructions, like most are, are available for free online, then no one can complain.

As for drew, that's what i think were all here for, to share knowledge and experiences to better ALL of us.

Now I for one ( and others I know ) buy stuff from Bob. ( Great guy BTW). So my thinking is if we can support Bob AND help out some guys who may not have deep enough pockets to buy everything some of us do.......aren't we doing a greater good?

What I mean by that is.....I bought some orings in bulk and actually gave them away for free. ( Ask around). I wasn't trying to make $$ but I felt like it was payback for the help I have gotten from some of you guys.

IE..... I do this in my own business.....I know who can afford me and who can't. Sure I charge DR's and lawyers more.....but then I cut Joe Blow working man a break. And they all get the same level of service.

Or am I talking out of the top of my head?

My 2 cents

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, but it's a little cold to charge $50 for a valve that can be purchased for $20-$25 and hardware worth about $5. So that's about $20 for instructions!!!

Thanks for the diagrams. I really do appreciate it. My wife and I are both college students, so we don't have a huge income right now.

I've done stuff like this for 50+ years, Both Wayz. Believe me, by the time you run-around gather'n up all the pieces & parts..@ 3.50+ per gallon, and maybe lunch.. then going back, cuz you forgot something, or have a Better Idea....... Unless you can save a SOLID 35-40% ? It's more economical to Order an assembly kit, with Everthing yul need.. Git it.. install it, and be Done with it.

"ol Guy stuff, I know.. But true fact. ;):D:lmao

I'm with DP on this $50.00 Mod Kit ;tu

But, :dunno, Yalz Call.

On Edit ? What NeverKnow said, Too ! ;tu

Last edited:

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was told the same thing on the Coolant Filter Kit. A guy that has done it both ways.... the little extra coin is worth the reduced hassle.

I plan on the kit, 1 and done, not run around all day, then be done........

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
I've done stuff like this for 50+ years, Both Wayz. Believe me, by the time you run-around gather'n up all the pieces & parts..@ 3.50+ per gallon, and maybe lunch.. then going back, cuz you forgot something, or have a Better Idea....... Unless you can save a SOLID 35-40% ? It's more economical to Order an assembly kit, with Everthing yul need.. Git it.. install it, and be Done with it.

"ol Guy stuff, I know.. But true fact. ;):D:lmao

I'm with DP on this $50.00 Mod Kit ;tu

But, :dunno, Yalz Call.

On Edit ? What NeverKnow said, Too ! ;tu

I agree. I've noticed how this happens on some of my projects. Sometimes I spend hours researching stuff on line just to save a few dollars. I did put this kit together with one stop at Advance Auto for about $22. Thanks for all the help and advice given on this forum.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I've noticed how this happens on some of my projects. Sometimes I spend hours researching stuff on line just to save a few dollars. I did put this kit together with one stop at Advance Auto for about $22. Thanks for all the help and advice given on this forum.

A good quality valve, vac line w/T, and clamps ??

Good on ya.. ;tu

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I've also thought about when the loop is cut off from the rest of the system that sludge and stuff might get built up in the heater core. If your coolant isnt fresh it can be corrosive/acidic and eat stuff up. Now that bein said, my dad had a valve layin around. Its set up for a cable. So I could run a cable into my truck. But that might look a lil weird to me haha. The heater core would only be shut off for probably a few months out of the yr. Most of the time I dont even use my ac.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58