AC Shore Power Plug For Block Heater

Bushwakd

Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Way too much for me!
Yea, A bit of overkill. Over at the other Diesel Forum I read some members just driving off forgetting to unplug. Some would put extension cord over their mirror as not to forget to unplug and forget about it there also.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Bushwakd said:
Some would put extension cord over their mirror as not to forget to unplug and forget about it there also.

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao Some people just cant be helped. Kinda like locking a spare set of keys in the car along with the main set of keys.

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out in the garage after being plugged in for several hours and here is what I noticed.

1) Upper radiator hose was warm/hot to the touch (Best way to know it is working).

2) Lower radiator hose was cool/cold to the touch - darn the floor as cold!!

3) Degas bottle - coolant had risen to the full mark???

Is this normal for the block heater to generate that much heat that the coolant level rises or stays at the "full" mark after being plugged in for several hours?

I drove it for 30 minutes and plugged it back in and at 10:00pm it was at "full".

Can anyopne confirm or check their degas bottles after having their motor plugged in all night if it to shows at the "full mark"... unless you already know the answer.

Thanks,

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of my Marinco Plug install:

Front:
MarincoPlugCloseup.jpg

Back:
MarincoPlugback.jpg

Tested for pullout and it held nicely! :thumbs :thumbs

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Here's a couple pics of my Marinco Plug install:

Front:
MarincoPlugCloseup.jpg

Back:
MarincoPlugback.jpg

Tested for pullout and it held nicely! :thumbs :thumbs

Great looking install. Having it on the driver's side of the vehicle is sure easier to use. Since your bumper is black it looks great. Mine is grey and I did not want to use the bumper... so I went to the lower air dam which is pretty thick (for anyone else considering).

This site proved to be very helpful.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Beachbumcook said:
Great looking install. Having it on the driver's side of the vehicle is sure easier to use. Since your bumper is black it looks great. Mine is grey and I did not want to use the bumper... so I went to the lower air dam which is pretty thick (for anyone else considering).

This site proved to be very helpful.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd have put it in the bumper if my bumper wasn't black. Guess that's one of the few benefits of a black truck. As you can see, it doesn't stay very clean up in the snow belt.:eek:

On edit: I also like the Marinco setup because plugging and unplugging can be a one hand operation. Before I had to drop everything to plug it in. Just thought of that.

Last edited:

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Yeah, I'm not sure I'd have put it in the bumper if my bumper wasn't black. Guess that's one of the few benefits of a black truck. As you can see, it doesn't stay very clean up in the snow belt.:eek:

On edit: I also like the Marinco setup because plugging and unplugging can be a one hand operation. Before I had to drop everything to plug it in. Just thought of that.

So.... does your degas bottle rise in coolant level after being plugged in?

Mine rises from "min" to "max" after 4 hours or so? Is this normal as I had never checked before until now!!!

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Beachbumcook said:
So.... does your degas bottle rise in coolant level after being plugged in?

Mine rises from "min" to "max" after 4 hours or so? Is this normal as I had never checked before until now!!!

I'll have to check. Never paid much attention to it since I knew the plug was working because it starts so much easier. I'll try and remember to check in the morning.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bushwakd said:
If you want to get real fancy and be a step above, look at this

http://www.kussmaul.com/auto and air ejects index.html
Kussmaul Electronics Co., Inc. Auto & Air Ejects

This is what every truck in our garage at the fire station has on it. They work very well for our tards who often for get to unplug, or remember to completely open the garage door before pulling out. :roflmao

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14