Can't understand these young people..

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you guys that like to run your trucks in the mud, I bet you are 25 years old or younger. Am I right?
When you reach 30 years old, most guys have a wife, children and responsibilities, and pursue hobbies that are less destructive.
I guess I am just an old fuddy-duddy.
For you youngsters, that means "an old, out of date guy".

Well I guess I don't fit the mold...25, no wife and kids, and the truck has been in the grass one time. That's the most off road so far. As for less destructive hobbies...my RC helicopters take a beating sometimes and often leads to near complete destruction(usually due to operator error). But those are going to have to collect dust for a while because I have a puppy now and she has to learn how to go get ducks. First things first though, stop pooping in the house!:doh: That's pretty much taking up my time when I'm not fishing.

Now if I had a second truck...Yeah, I'd take it out and play in the mud but that would be what I got it for. I had to buy my first truck and my kids will do the same. I don't care how much money I make. They can ride the bus to high school until they get a job and pay for it themselves. That's what I have done since I was 18 and have had nice, clean vehicles always in good repair and maintained.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I don't fit the mold...25, no wife and kids, and the truck has been in the grass one time. That's the most off road so far. As for less destructive hobbies...my RC helicopters take a beating sometimes and often leads to near complete destruction(usually due to operator error). But those are going to have to collect dust for a while because I have a puppy now and she has to learn how to go get ducks. First things first though, stop pooping in the house!:doh: That's pretty much taking up my time when I'm not fishing.

Now if I had a second truck...Yeah, I'd take it out and play in the mud but that would be what I got it for. I had to buy my first truck and my kids will do the same. I don't care how much money I make. They can ride the bus to high school until they get a job and pay for it themselves. That's what I have done since I was 18 and have had nice, clean vehicles always in good repair and maintained.

Good job .... :clap:
You give me hope for this young generation...

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I would rather do it in my OBS PSD any day than anything else! ;)

These trucks are VERY capable of doing ALOT of things and I know, I have done ALOT!

My Truck is far from a 1 use vehicle, I like to consider it a MULTI-purpose built vehicle! :D
I'm right there with you. I bought my truck to use. I know folks who own these things and hardly ever need the true capability they have. I can run the kids to the soccer field, plow snow, pull stumps, tow my trailers, haul feed, pick up hay, or go for a Sunday drive in comfort and safely I might add. My truck gets filthy and eventually gets washed. But I see alot of owners who have to run home and get the hose out if they run thru a mud puddle. I guess its all priority.

Reaction score
In reading all of these posts the one consistency I see is that everyone has a different opinion about what their truck is designed for, what it is capable of, and what it can do.
I think, as long as you enjoy your truck, it doesn't matter what you do with it. Treat it like trophy, treat it like a Tonka toy....just enjoy the heck out of it and have no regrets!:2c

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reading all of these posts the one consistency I see is that everyone has a different opinion about what their truck is designed for, what it is capable of, and what it can do.
I think, as long as you enjoy your truck, it doesn't matter what you do with it. Treat it like trophy, treat it like a Tonka toy....just enjoy the heck out of it and have no regrets!:2c

Well stated...:) :sweet

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I would rather do it in my OBS PSD any day than anything else! ;)

These trucks are VERY capable of doing ALOT of things and I know, I have done ALOT!

My Truck is far from a 1 use vehicle, I like to consider it a MULTI-purpose built vehicle! :D

I'm not a big fan of taking one of these nose-heavy beasts through the black mucky slop we have in the riverbottoms, but heck... as far as multi-purpose... mine's a daily driver, a landscaping supply truck, farm truck, heavy equipment mover, you name it..

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of taking one of these nose-heavy beasts through the black mucky slop we have in the riverbottoms, but heck... as far as multi-purpose... mine's a daily driver, a landscaping supply truck, farm truck, heavy equipment mover, you name it..

I agree with you that all our trucks are multi-purpose, but what some think is multi-purpose, is to justify tearing their truck up. A stock 8000 pound truck is NOT made to fly into the air over jumps and mud holes. If someone wants to do it,, then fine, let them pay the bill to repair what they tear up. It just does not make any sense to me to tear up a good truck and think it is fun. I came from a home as a child we had only one toy for Christmas, and you better take good care of it, for we were not going to get another one until the next Christmas.
Today's kids, get huge amounts of toys, and do not take care of them. I think that type of thinking caries over with them as young adults.
Later in life, when they have had to pay for things themselves, they start to appreciate what they have worked hard to acquire.
:soap

Last edited:

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 90 bronco on 35s I had when I was 25 was covered in mud to hide the rust (it looked better). At 30 the f350 does not go off road but gets used for everything just dont eat in it and if you scrach it you better run FAST:guns:. But I have also paid for and maintaind every vehicle I ever owend.

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
use is not abuse.

Some of us work hard and play harder. I've been working steadily and buying and fixing my own "toys" since I was 13 and had my first paper route. It took me 7 months to buy the bicycle I wanted, and I rode the snot outta it when I got it, but I maintained it. I continued riding it till I was almost 20, and replaced everything on it several times except the frame and forks. I sold it only to buy my first off road truck, which I still have 13 years later and I can go out in the yard and fire it up and drive it 500 miles to the trail, wheel the Rubicon Trail, and then drive it home... I guess it's all about what you buy your vehicles for- I sure didn't buy any of mine to let them sit in the driveway all waxed up shiny to impress my neighbors. ;)

97PowerSmokerIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only time my PSD has been muddy was to pull my 79 Bronco out(paid 500$ for it its my beater upper thats wut i bought it for) to pull out a John Deere 4020 W/ Haybine.....and last but not least to pull out a 2500 Duramax pullin a 24' or so trailer with 2 skid loaders on it.....i like to get her muddy but i dont abuse her too much after all im 19 and bought my bronco when i was 17......had to rebuild carb and redo vacuum lines replace numerous bent push rods....thats how i learned about back lash on springs didnt know a push Rod came in S-Shape:tounge ....story for different time...lol....but point is i bought it and i put my money sweat and time into it so when it breraks it does hurt:cussing: but my PSD is way too nice and i plan on trading iit in someday so i would never think about doing anything hurtful to her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58