CCV mod question

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama, what all is in that canister and whys it got two lines(one off each valve cover)? Subman where did you find that kit with the bung and was it very expensive?

dpantazis

Reaction score
King0581-

That canister basically condensates out the oil from the blowby vapors. One hose is IN the other is OUT. There is a drain at the bottom. There is not need to vent both valve covers as the block passages vent each side to the other.

So bama- did yo spend more than $150 total for it?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
King0581-

That canister basically condensates out the oil from the blowby vapors. One hose is IN the other is OUT. There is a drain at the bottom. There is not need to vent both valve covers as the block passages vent each side to the other.

FWIW ? I've conjured up a variation of that CCV by discarding the Raycor CCV filter and filling the canister with 12 (home made) disks of Foam Filter media.

Vapors pass thru the Foam Filter(s), oil collects on the media, fumes & vapors pass thru like OEM. Any oil drains back into the valve cover.

Works SUPER. No oil in the intake, turbo, I/C tubes or the I/C.

I clean the foam filters with soap'n water and re-install at every oil change.

I've never persued it but it seems ANY canister would work, and some plumbing :dunno

JRJ04

Reaction score
joe do you have any pics of this? is that set up like stephen's mounted under the vehicle or is yours right next to the ccv like oem?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:sorry I'm still Pic sending, challenged.. but it sets right above the OEM, CCV port on the valve cover.

A Point to Ponder ? Mine is a Mod'd Raycor CCV >kit<. Anyone wanting to do something like this would have to do some creative plumbing.. with hoses/connections, and the like.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Bama, what all is in that canister and whys it got two lines(one off each valve cover)? Subman where did you find that kit with the bung and was it very expensive?

The bottom hose catches the oily residue, and then the top hose returns fresh air to the air intake where the CCV originally went.

The canister has a spongy type filter material inside of it that never needs cleaning or removing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14