diesel strike april 1st-5th-dont buy diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay-Ja

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think a more effective way to make a stab at this would be to not buy from a particular company, maybe a big one (Exxon/Mobile). If every one stopped buying there diesel there and went to smaller stations? I don't know maybe.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I think a more effective way to make a stab at this would be to not buy from a particular company, maybe a big one (Exxon/Mobile). If every one stopped buying there diesel there and went to smaller stations? I don't know maybe.

I 2nd that Kay Ja. I say F*!$ Exxon all together for life!!! They had a 40billion dollar profit last year and are still raising prices. I think we should get all the diesel forums involved in a EXXON Boycott and never buy diesel from them again. This would send a message to the blood suckin *****holes.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i dont get the targeting of exxon....what would you say
when exxon lays-off their 80k employees (long before their
price per share starts to suffer) ???

why is someone LIMITED to any amount of profit (per quarter)...
would you want the gubermit stepping in to limit the profit
that YOU could make ???

after you shut down exxon (w/ your stunt) will you target BP ?
then chevron ? then....

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i say 'i'm in' only cuz i was plowin 6-8" of heavy heavy wet snow yesterday and needed to lighten my wallet by $112... i did notice tho it had gone down to $3.89:woo

but in all honesty: i don't see our little 'boycott' doing anything but saving our friends a little green here and there. as bp said - i feel it has to be done on a 'grand' scale for a period of time before results would be noticed. just my :2c

p.s. i should be good for a week or more tho....:sweet

Hoss6.9

Born to Diesel!
Reaction score
National News...

Hey Guys!

I did see it on the Nat'l news... There are numerous co.'s going along with it and I AM IN TOO! I am not figuring on buying any diesel until afterwards. Big truck is still full from last work (in Dec.) And the pickups are alright. I'll just drive the blazer of the scout in the mean time. I say go for it. Things cant get alot worse fast anyways. And as far as them telling what you can make. They have been doing it for years anyways. The more you make - the more they take. Right? Your not supposed to make alot then... just lines their pockets. They are penalizing you for working too hard.

My $.02

I'm IN....

:sweet

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You are absolutely right. It doesn't matter who we target, but if we did not purchase from one of the companies, and if they wanted to stay in business, they would have to reduce prices. Exxon, Shell, it does not matter, because they are all equally guilty. If you want to start it, I am with you and will not buy from Exxon until they drop prices. It only takes one to start the snowball rolling. I do not agree with Bush, because Exxon is not going to let their company go under to keep prices high. They made 100's of Billions of record profit lately, off the backs of the country. I do not feel any sympathy for any of them.
:D

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Our local Exxon doesn't sell diesel, so I don't have to worry about that.

It will take more than a "boycott" to make an impact, what that is, I don't know.

BUT..........if my Pete ain't haulin', I ain't eatin"

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
why is someone LIMITED to any amount of profit (per quarter)...
would you want the gubermit stepping in to limit the profit
that YOU could make ???
If I was price gouging and making billion per quarter, sure go ahead limit me Id be rich as poo already.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I talked with my counterpart at the Wingfoot Center today... and I think I've been slow...
he told me that two weeks ago, when fuel hit the $4.00 mark, the bottom fell right out of his business
Wingfoot has layed off about 20% of it's workforce, and this includes mid & high level executives in the corporate offices..
they are gearing up for a full-blown recession..
Goodyear Retail, who I work for, has closed two stores in two months in our district.. both were making money...
it is NOT looking good out there...

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was price gouging and making billion per quarter, sure go ahead limit me Id be rich as sh%$ already.
its only price gouging if YOU have to pay...its HAPPINESS & PLEASURE if
your MAKING the profit.

no one has EVER made you (or any of the rest of us) BUY EXXON services
and FUELS...

how come no one is complaining about THIS --->
Mortgage mess CEOs defend pay - Mar. 7, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads