Engine shake idle/in gear

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I passed all the diagnostics with flying colors. They suggested I take the chip out and see whow it acts. I asked about the injector wiring harness....the guy sniffed the oil cap and said my injector harness seemed fine. I could understand his method with the oil flowing through the same are and the smell of burnt wire, but is that a valid method?

01psdrw4x4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Don't lose that old cap. They charged me almost $50.00 to order a new one
I tried the wix an hated it. Didn't run for crap with that filter in it.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't lose that old cap. They charged me almost $50.00 to order a new one
I tried the wix an hated it. Didn't run for crap with that filter in it.

I haven't lost it...I think. Its in my toolbox....somewhere.

I gotta run to Oriellys tomorrow and they carry the old style filter. I pick one up and run it

JRJ04

Reaction score
I've had a wix for about the past 15k miles and havent had any issues. About to install another one. :dunno

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a wix for about the past 15k miles and havent had any issues. About to install another one. :dunno

I dont question its capabilty of filtering the fuel. I just don't llike the all-in-one design. Before I could just take a ratchet with an extension and pop the lid off then pull the filter out no problem. Other day when I was trying to take the WIX filter off with a wrench, I almost broke the "knob" on top. Had to get a pair of vice grips and clamp down on it. Plus it just seems like a waste....whenever the filter is bad so is the lid lol. Kinda a silly design imo

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was my #8 injector, like you said, whould it show up in a diagnostic test by buzzing the injectors, contribution, and compression? I had those tested and all were fine. I read that the #8 injector was extended to make it fire later then another injector because they fired so close together.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3 Rough Idle ?

Most likely.. At Their Age & Miles theze dayz.. Air In the Fuel.. From leaky pre-pump fittings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58