First time in the cold

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
ok here goes i have the 05 F2 listed in my sig. I live in TX but am on the road working in MN and the off to WA. This is my first time to experience these types of temps. i have never plugged the truck in and went to do it here and couldnt find the cord. i read on here that all of these trucks come with one so i took it to the dealer and asked them where it might b. on my 2000 it was easy to find just thought they mighta been hiding it soumwhere. they noticed that i wasnt from the north and said that southern trucks didnt always have em. i ordered the truck so i guess its a possibility that didnt get one becasue it never crossed my mind i just ass-umed all diesels had them because every1 i had seen had one. wondering if this was true and if not what i could do to ease the starts in the morning and if not doing something will wear onthe truck sry for the long post thanks for any help-cody

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They all have block heaters in the engines but the cord has to be ordered either from the factory when it is built or from the parts department if it didn't come with one.

Block heater is right above the starter.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
will any damage b done if i continue to go without. just paid it off early. took a pretty big chunk outa the funds so really dont wana have to start shellin money out on repairs.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No damage if it starts without the block heater. You might draw down your batteries.

Dave

atk

Reaction score
will any damage b done if i continue to go without. just paid it off early. took a pretty big chunk outa the funds so really dont wana have to start shellin money out on repairs.

i have started truck at -18C(0F) with no problems and without pluggung in...usually let it wrm up 5-10 minutes max and take off easily for a few miles...hope this helps

also i do use 5w40 synthetic which does help a little with cold weather start ups....

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
so i checked link on other post on replacing/installing a cord to the heater. wondering how difficult and time consuming this would be dont really have a warm place or inside place for that matter to work on this thing up here. Like i said im from TX so im pretty much a puss when it comes to cold weather.would a dealer rape me on this or ne1 know a good dealer in Minnesota owatonna/fairibault. the tech in fairibault was the one who told me i ididnt even have one. so proof of lack of good techs for these is pointed out once again

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
hey bush i was down in houston for about 6 weeeks a few weeks ago and saw the sign for tomball and other towns that i see people are from on here just kinda neat how you kinda feel connected to more people in more places when o go outta town just by chatting on this site. especially when i had some issues on the way back from georgia, comin thru bama i knew that if i couldnt get it myself i could prolly count on a sdd member that i had seen from those parts. sory kinda off topic but....

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
so i checked link on other post on replacing/installing a cord to the heater. wondering how difficult and time consuming this would be dont really have a warm place or inside place for that matter to work on this thing up here. Like i said im from TX so im pretty much a puss when it comes to cold weather.would a dealer rape me on this or ne1 know a good dealer in Minnesota owatonna/fairibault. the tech in fairibault was the one who told me i ididnt even have one. so proof of lack of good techs for these is pointed out once again

I'm about 80 miles to the west of you if your working in Owatonna. Was just there wed. to shop at Cabela's. You can pick up a cord at most any parts house. I got mine at a Bumper to Bumper for under 20 bucks. It's suppsosed to get up into the high 30's to low 40's this weekend so installing it outside shouldn't be that bad. Hope you enjoy your stay while your up here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58