Ford recall 1.8M trucks and SUV - 7.3L CPS!! **Main Discussion thread**

Sportsnutim

Sportsnutim
Reaction score
I just made an appointment.....but I also made sure that they had the part in stock before I went. I called a local dealership first locally and they told me the CPS was on back order. I called a "better" dealership and they had it in stock. :sweet

I like that, "Better" dealership. I have one those "not so good dealerships" near here.

Sportsnutim

Sportsnutim
Reaction score
This Kinda Thing... Is ...Exactly ... What ..Drives me to be so Sceptical and Distrusting about the BIG 3 & BIG ANYTHING.

My Smoke & Mirrors ti raids.:rant :rant

They have Departments that watches this sort of stuff.

ONLY after X millions of dollars in damage and/or X numbers of folks killed or injured, due to a part or system failure, will they admit it. THEN.... they do research and planning to figure out the optimum time to admit it publicly.

In the piece, Ford sez: No deaths or injuries have occured. A few minor accidents have occured. YA, RIGHT.

I knew this CPS thing was in the Class Action/NTSB works, and I kinda felt something was coming when a CPS went from $100+ dollars, to $25 or less.

Deja Vue ?

I can't even guess how many times I've thought about the CPS crapp'n out as I'm going down the "Grape Vine" (I-5)
or "Cuesta Grade" (101) with my Family in the truck and the FW in tow.:eek: :eek: NO Brakes, No PS....:eek: :eek:

Hey, I understand 100%! My truck 2001 Superduty died several times on the road for me and my wife at first I thought it was fuel problem but it sounds like a Cam sensor. I found out on the Ford site that only certain trucks depending on where they were made on VIN number and it is only a voluntary recall. I am pissed at FORD! I didn't even get a letter! Makes think twice about buying a FORD again! Sportsnutim

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
My dealer said that if you've already had it replaced-bring in the receipt and you'll get reimbursed.

"Please call me and let me know when you would like to bring in your F-350. If you have already had the camshaft position sensor replaced, bring your original receipt in and we can send it to Ford for a refund."

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so.

When the engine quits, the belt stops.. No PS/Brakes. Maybe with an Auto you could leave it in gear (?) but with a 6 speed you'd almost have to kick it outa gear.. then, away you'd go, if going down hill.

Correct me if I'm Wrong :dunno

I'm mainly talking about Brakes

correct me if I am wrong here? Why would you have to take it out of gear with a manual. Keeping it in gear would insure the engine is turnign the ps pump which means you have brakes and steering. you can down shift for more steering power as your speeds slow down.

TXblue

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Took mine in last week and they kept the truck during the day while I was working. I have been really lucky. My original CPS lasted 106,000 miles! I always keep a spare in the glove box just in case. That one cost me $90 at the International dealer about a year ago.
So far, so good with the new one.
:)

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
I have a question reguarding the International version. The T444E that i have at the school in 2 busses, one which was replaced approx 2 years ago. Does International use an identical part or there own design which does not fail as much or does it come from the same source as fords? The spare that i carry in my truck is from International and i know they are interchangable with the Ford part?

metx

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 01' F-250.; I am not the original owner and have not gotten a notice from Ford. I have a new replacement CPS in the glovebox I purchased off eBay a while back but would just as soon Ford replace the one on the engine. Will Ford put a new one on since I don't have a letter from them and am not original owner?
TIA

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
I have an 01' F-250.; I am not the original owner and have not gotten a notice from Ford. I have a new replacement CPS in the glovebox I purchased off eBay a while back but would just as soon Ford replace the one on the engine. Will Ford put a new one on since I don't have a letter from them and am not original owner?
TIA

I took my SD in last month and had the CPS replaced. I never received a letter and the dealer didn't ask. I told them why I was bringing in the truck, they said "no problem" and it was done. I did ask if they had the part in stock because I know there were some people who went to get it done and had to wait because the part wasn't in stock. So no, you shouldn't have to worry about a letter because there is a published TSB on the part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58