High Idle Switch

mac

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for having me I just did the mod to my buddy's truck it was quick and easy. The only difficult part is that there is not alot of room to work.:)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
welcome mac, maybe try using some of these(,,,,,,,,,,,) in your postings, hard to read for some of us. the words just run together to much.

glad your at SDD.

the cable guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PTO high idle

I did the BCP mod
I dont have upfitter switches so I used a small LED switch and tied in to the source next to the Diagnostic port.
sweet... warms up much faster

Last edited:

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Robert,
I do not get whats on your link. Is BCP mod posted anywhere. Thanks I am an idiot when it comes to electrical stuff. I need everything electrical to be broken down Barney style.

mac

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Boadie if you have the upfitter switches installed, all you are doing is connecting the PURPLE with the LIGHT GREEN stripe ( this is the wire in the cluster of wires located behind the emergency brake) to the ORANGE with the LIGHT BLUE stripe (aux 4 ). This wire is the bcp wire you are looking for. This is as simple as I can get it for you. Hope this helps:) Mike

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Then if you dont have upfitters, which I do not, you connect the purple with the lt green stripe to a switch and the other side of the switch to ground?

mac

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Boadie, first find a spot to install your switch somewhere on your dash. This switch is going to have power to it. There are a couple of ways to accomplish this task. The first way is to locate a blunt cut positive wire usually located behind the diagnostic connection or tap your fuse panel to find a hot lead that has power only when the truck is in the run position. Once you do this then simply tie one side of your switch to hot and the other to the BCP wire. With any luck this should help or you can spend about 180 bucks and have the upfitter switches installed from your dealer it should only take about an hour to do so. You have a nice truck and if your not sure about wiring then I would say that would be your best bet. good luck:) Mike

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Boadie, first find a spot to install your switch somewhere on your dash. This switch is going to have power to it. There are a couple of ways to accomplish this task. The first way is to locate a blunt cut positive wire usually located behind the diagnostic connection or tap your fuse panel to find a hot lead that has power only when the truck is in the run position. Once you do this then simply tie one side of your switch to hot and the other to the BCP wire. With any luck this should help or you can spend about 180 bucks and have the upfitter switches installed from your dealer it should only take about an hour to do so. You have a nice truck and if your not sure about wiring then I would say that would be your best bet. good luck:) Mike

yep dead on :hail

boadie i put em in my truck in about an hour. easy as pie and the ford site has the directions and i beleive the powerstrokshop still has em as well

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Sounds good, I guess Ill have to wait till March. Plenty of time to start droppin hints for my birthday. Thanks Guys!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr