High Idle Switch

drdawg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is there a mod like this that can be done to a '99 7.3 psd?

Duane

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
just use another rock behind the go go pedal, to prop it up alittle bit.

then put the big block on the pedal. works for me :sweet :D

the cable guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BCP

I just helped a friend with a 2007 f250 with this mod, so it does apply to the newer rigs if anyone wanted to know.:D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The 05, 06, and 07's utilize the uppfitter switches as you know. The switches have two 30 amp rated (aux1 and 2) and two 10 amp rated (aux 3 and 4). Since this mod requires low amperage to run use 3 or 4. You will have to get to the customer access wires that are located behind the emergency brake you would be looking for the BCP wire. This wire is purple with a light green stripe. Take a piece of wire 6 to 8 inches long and connect it to this wire. Next you need to find the orange light blue wire on aux 4 connect this to your BCP wire and your all set to run the high idle feature. This feature will only work with the e brake set and in neutral this does not screw up the cold weather strategy that is preprogrammed. Hope this help.:thumbs

:doh: :doh: :doh: Note to self: read the whole thread before you attempt a mod. Tonight I did the high idle mod to a buddy's brand new 06' that he just picked up today. I spent 20 minutes looking for the "blue with a white stripe" that DaveBen posted for the 03'-04'. What do you know the 06' model doesn't have a blue/white. Once I re-read the post and saw that I needed a purple/green I was in business and hooked it up to switch number 4 in a matter of minutes. What I can add to this post is be careful in picking the Purple with a Light Green stripe as there is also a Light Green with a Purple stripe that almost looks the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58