Reaction score
powerboatr said:
did you tell your wife yet :roflmao :roflmao

did she beat the snot out of you for tearing up the ride :roflmao :roflmao

20lbs.....hhmmm

DAYUM youngin

i feel for your truck .
so when do the stiches get removed?
did your wife use a #2 chili bowl on your head?

seriously.....

I just cant be
:roflmao :roflmao
killed a torqshift :( :( :( :(

somehow I feel so good now :D :D :D

who loves you BABY :dunno

you nut, the wife was really coooool about the whole thing. i was more worried about what my dad would think, but he was very understanding, and just said, "well son, you learned the hard way, but its ok"

he's an old drag racer himself, so he understands the desire for power.

should have the truck back tomorrow, got any spare change?

:2c :2c :2c :2c :2c :2c

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Automatic

Hey Bama;

Hate to hear of your trans problem. I am surprised that your trans did not give up sooner, if you had made 40 launches earlier. The auto trans is stronger than I thought it was. If you have trouble in the future, BD makes improvements to the Ford Automatic to take massive abuse. When I ordered my truck from the factory, I purposely ordered the six speed manual, because with all the sensors and computer related components that the auto has, I was afraid of expensive trans trouble. After much observing, I think the automatic is a very strong reliable trans, that just has some extreme limits, which you found. Probably if I were to do the same with my manual trans, I might be buying a new clutch or other broken pieces.
I am glad to hear that you are getting your truck fixed and will be on the road soon. I have read many of your posts, and like most people here, you are a good guy.

Maxtor

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
bama-
just got done reading your bad news. and after using the info. you gave me on the tach reading for 20psi i too tried ye o'launch - on old tires of coarse (got new ones now). done it twice and don't know that i too would like to give away $$$$. i may have gotten it out of my system.:sly sorry to hear of the misfortunes.:sorry

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
question(s)
are you gonna have it diagnosed as to what failed why?
any - any possibility of warranty, failure out of your control?
do (did) the loads you hauled play a factor?
have i missed it, how many miles on it?
if i read and understood correctly, just a factory replacement and back and running in a day or so? or have you decided to to upgrade?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
question(s)
are you gonna have it diagnosed as to what failed why?

1. they will be pulling it out today, i am sure that attempt at another4WD launch, was a contributing factory to say the least.

any - any possibility of warranty, failure out of your control?
2. no warranty, i believer failure was in my control, didn't have to do what i did. they did look to see if there was any TSB that was overlooked that might be covered.
do (did) the loads you hauled play a factor?
3. no, i dont think so, i dont mess around when i'm towing, i allways haul in a very low setting, never jerked the truck around when loaded.
have i missed it, how many miles on it?
if i read and understood correctly, just a factory replacement and back and running in a day or so? or have you decided to to upgrade?
4. yep, the new replacement came in late yesterday. i really couldn't afford to upgrade to one of those big buck tranny's, would have liked too. i just gotta stop doin the stupid stuff and take better care of my truck.

thats what bothers me the most, is that i do take good care of my truck, i get it serviced at all intervals, keep a clost eye on the temps. but in one short lapse of immaturaty, i did alot of damage.
:(

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
thats what bothers me the most, is that i do take good care of my truck, i get it serviced at all intervals, keep a clost eye on the temps. but in one short lapse of immaturaty, i did alot of damage.
:(

don't beat yourself up over it. It's a disease we all share in one form or another, and the only cure is fatal ;) :D

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that Stephen! :eek: What a bummer. Glad to hear they are getting you up and going so fast though.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Bummer sorry to hear about that right b4 Xmas too, hope you were at least racing someone, otherwise it was a $$$ way to show off;) . I would think that the tranny would be able to handle the torque that your truck puts out, I thought they are designed for 700ft/lbs torque and you are just over that. Most of the 4wd's I see racing, race in 4wd, don't know why things happen:confused:

Scot

;()
Reaction score
you must have cursed yourself when you wrote this

"135k on my 10-03 built 2004 F350 SRW, no major problems either."

Sorry, that blows!:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58