I JUST KILLED MY TRANNY!!!!

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama, you should have checked out Suncoast's site. You could get the upgraded internals and have the trans rebuilt like that. Keith

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
well, i just went to p/u my truck. they finished it today.

i did check into ATS & suncoast, but time and money were the main factors.

just went ahead and put another factory torqshift in it.

i really still dont know if what i was doin was the main cause, could have been ready to blow anyways.

but the fact still remains, it happened while i was doin something that i should not have been doin. i didn't break any laws or anything like that, just testing the limits of my truck, cause i thought it would handle it.

i found the limits allright.:(

the limits cost me just over 3300.00

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad your rollin again, but am glad to see i got about another 100,000 on my tranny...build date of 10-03...:sly

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Scot said:
you must have cursed yourself when you wrote this

"135k on my 10-03 built 2004 F350 SRW, no major problems either."

Sorry, that blows!:(

hey scot, we were talkin bout engines on that thread, still no major problems with my 6.0, i guess the tranny couldn't handle the power. :roflmao :roflmao

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
the worst of it is, i wasnt even racing anybody, just doin some test launching on a 2 lane country road, like i have done a bunch of times. been wanting to go to the local drag strip to see what my 1/4 times would be, guess i wont be doing that anytime soon. even when the new tranny is put it.

its time to grow up alittle i guess. too bad it will take over 3 grand to learn that lesson.:(
i'm in the same boat bro. just put in a new converter to find out it was the tranny that's been slipping this whole time.
although to be honest i cant believe you've launched it that many times and got away with it.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
well, i just went to p/u my truck. they finished it today.

i did check into ATS & suncoast, but time and money were the main factors.

just went ahead and put another factory torqshift in it.

i really still dont know if what i was doin was the main cause, could have been ready to blow anyways.

but the fact still remains, it happened while i was doin something that i should not have been doin. i didn't break any laws or anything like that, just testing the limits of my truck, cause i thought it would handle it.

i found the limits allright.:(

the limits cost me just over 3300.00

you do realize there are several companies out there that offer beefed up versions of the 5r110 WITH A NEW BADASS CONVERTER for about 3100.00 dollars.. i cant imaging spending that much for another stocker.

for future reference, did you engage the 4WD button and at least drive a few feet to make sure everything engaged first before doing your launch ?? if not, then you hit the button, held the brakes and launched with full boost while the gears where trying to mesh and that is gonna be a big shock to your drivetrain.. !!

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
bro i know you just forked out some dough, i just got off the phone 2 minutes ago with the company i got my converter from. he's got a BRAND NEW stock ford 5R110 4x4 tranny with stock converter for $1500.00. i hate to see someone spend 3g's for stock parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr