Installed 22" wipers

atk

Reaction score
:eek:....wow must be something in the air today.....:lmao

mine came with the 20`s from the factory, but i may try the 22`s....

were the 20`s the norm, or did they put shorter ones on in the US?????

Last edited:

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
I put 24" wipers on my truck and got 2 extra MPGs, and my FM reception improved.

<whistles with his hands in his pockets...draws circles in the dirt with his toe, wondering if they'll take him seriously>

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 24" wipers on my truck and got 2 extra MPGs, and my FM reception improved.

<whistles with his hands in his pockets...draws circles in the dirt with his toe, wondering if they'll take him seriously>

i tried the 24s but my mpg fell off into the dumper because
of the added drag...so i went back to the 22s and increased
my mpg :rolleyes:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will put 36's on my truck to help keep the bugs off the front of the fifth wheel.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I think I will put 36's on my truck to help keep the bugs off the front of the fifth wheel.

You're killin me Dougie :clap::lmao:lmao:lmao:notworthy

Did any of ya'll ever have those triple wiper blades from back in the early 90's?

You could even get 'em in CHROME

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you kids are making a big fuss about wipers... Back in the day we had vacuum activated wipers, that did not work unless you let off the gas..

By the way, I think most of them were 6 to 8 inches long.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are using 24" wipers, does your passenger side stick out past the glass?

No Bama, they Don't. For purposes of this Post :)eek:) they rest at 1 & 3/16ths inches from the edge of the rubber seal, on the Passenger side. In mid swipe they pass at 1 & 9/16ths from the top rubber seal. I Do have to angle the Pass side wiper a bit to clear the Antenna when washing.

The 22's are about 1/2" from the rubber on the outside of the windshield.

:dunno I've been in Down Poor, Head Wind, Mid West and Back East rainstorms and Snow. Never had either wiper lift. :dunno

This.. Will the 24 inche'rs fit, and are they any good..Contest.. has flaired up before. IMO, The only reason(s) why they Won't fit, on some trucks, might, or must be.. FORD >may< use Wiper Arms of varying lengths, from Lot to Lot , Build Date to Build Date, Year to Year. My wiper arms are 22 & 3/8ths long. Both sides.

As far as Rubber verses Synthetic ? Never bothered myself with that. I R & R the blades with New ones, every October. And FWIW, I use the Rain-X blades, and Rain-X on the Windshield (and all the windows & mirrors). Good Stuff.

I like'm. But to each.. His or Her own.

Reaction score
My wiper arms ride on 24's with a good portion of rain x poured into the washer fluid. So 90% of rain's i dont even use my wiper blades.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14