ITP Fuel System

team_penin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this system? (Stage II)Thinking of ordering it along with my ATS housing.:thumbs
Just looking for some feed back on the system.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I know a few people around here run the ITP regulated return system. I don't think I've noticed the new system in anyones sig. It's fairly new and slight overkill for most modders, IMO.

If you get one I'll be glad to help install that system. Looks like a killer system!:sweet

Maybe Dennis will notice the thread and chime in.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had figured on calling Dennis tomorrow to order the Stage I/Gen II regulated return kit. When I talked with him last week about my current/planned mods, he actually said that the Stage II would be waaaaaaay overkill and that I really wouldn't need it. Since I don't plan on going beyond Stage 1 injectors (if I ever swap 'em out), the stock fuel pump and pickup lines are sufficient. He said that if I want to go to Stage II's, with a hi-po HPOP like the Stealth/Terminator, with a hotrod chip to drive the 'jectors, then the Stage II fuel system would be needed, but since I don't plan on ever going beyond Stage 1's and a mild chip (I've got PMR's), I don't need the high-zoot Aeromotive pump and filter.

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like JV pretty well covered it. We build our fuel system kits in "modules" (so to speak). They are as follows:

1. Pre-Pump / Tank Kit
2. Regulated Return Kit
3. HP Fuel Delivery Kit

The Stage I system is #1 and #2 above...and is sufficient for most people running the "common" mods.

The Stage II system is #2 and #3 above...and is intended for those chasing big power. When you start going to hot aftermarket injectors, twin HPOPs, etc...fuel pressure drop (and associated lack of fuel availability to the injectors) becomes enough of a problem to cause a loss of power.

The nice thing about the modular nature our kits is that you can upgrade from one level to the next quite easily. Lets say that JV does the ITP Stage I Fuel System package today. Down the road he decides that he's wanting some big power and throws a set of hot injectors and a twin HPOP in the truck. All he needs is the HP Fuel Delivery Kit and he's got his fuel system upgraded to the Stage II setup. Of course, if he never upgrades the injectors and HPOP...he wasn't forced to spend more than is necessary for the basic fuel system kit.

HTH...

team_penin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks ITP:thumbs , that was good. Helps me decide what to do. Do not need the stage II kit. I do want the rgulated return, so I will be contacting in regards to that:sweet

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang--I just called ITP and they're backordered for the reg. return kits since Aeromotive's anodizing subcontractor is slooooooooooooow. His order for Aeromotive stuff has been in for 4 weeks, but there's no way to tell for sure when the parts will be in. I had hoped to get the kit delivered by this weekend since this is the last weekend I'll be on a normal schedule until August, but no dice. I like the design of the ITP kit more than the DI or Dieselsite kits but if the other guys have the kits in stock, I might have to look around...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i just finished stripping my old kit down. used the hoses on another project but i still got my regulator( its been hutched to)
let me know when you get it all put in, there is a neat little trick to stop the injector bleed down drip drip into the combustion can when she is shut off :D

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
i just finished stripping my old kit down. used the hoses on another project but i still got my regulator( its been hutched to)

You wouldn't want to part with that would ya?:sly I can get the hoses and have a detailed parts list and diagram.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Antonio, you wouldn't want to supply me with the parts list and diagram would ya? I have drawers full of AN fittings and stainless steel hose.:sly I would also be interested in the regulator but you be me to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14