ITP Fuel System

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I was going to ask that too. What year did the LL #8 start being installed? How can I tell, from looking at them with VC off, if I have one?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Aeromotive makes nice regulators, but they are not the only people producing a regulator up to the task. ;)

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I believe that they started sometime during the 2000MY with the LL injector...IIRC.

With the Driver Side VC removed, look at the last injector (closest to the firewall). If the part number begins with AE...it's a LL. If it begins with AD (like the other 3 injectors under that VC)...it's not.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Thanks Dennis!:sweet

I couldn't remember if you could see the part number on top or if it had to be removed. I've never had the VC's off. They are coming off to look at the UVC harnesses so I figured I could check then.:D

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Thanks Dennis!:sweet

I couldn't remember if you could see the part number on top or if it had to be removed. I've never had the VC's off. They are coming off to look at the UVC harnesses so I figured I could check then.:D

If I end up having to replace my #8 injector (it's the farthest-back on the driver's side, correct?), I figure that I'll replace the glow plugs, UVC harness, and valve cover gaskets while I'm at it--I would hate to be that far into things and have my glow plugs go bad 1000 mi. later (although that would fit the pattern of how things are going lately).

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
FWiW
I never changed my LL out on my 02 after teh fuel mods, she was running to good to fool with it and getting the ecm reprogrammed to run without the LL inj.

cackle, rough idle, all went away to deaf ears, it may have still ben there but i coulnt hear it anymore.
so it was smiles all around
this is such a fun mod to do

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I got the last of the batch before they ran out. hehehehehehe

Mine is still in its box tho :( The rain wont stop, and I dont have access to a garage close by. Im hoping *maybe* this weekend.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
team_penin said:
I guess I will be waiting for ITP to post on this thread to let us know we he gits the regulator in!!-popcorn

Mr. VISA is getting itchy in my wallet--Aeromotive had better start leaning on their anodizer to work faster... :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I talked to my contact at Aeromotive. Sounds like 4-6 week lead times should be expected for a while. :sorry

My order should be here soon. I put in a back-up order on some pumps that should show up shortly after my first order, and I'll end up ordering more regulators again in a few weeks just to make sure I don't run out again. Fun Fun Fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14