ITS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Better hope it doesn't have PMRs. Reman companies usually get the crap that no one wants. Prolly even has a sleeve or 2 maybe even 8.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you cna get reman forged rods from DI for 450 i think. Also endurance power has rebuild kits with mahle pistons, all gaskets/ seals, new oil pump all for around 1k. If your staying with stage 2's i would go b ack with stock headbolts and save 800 bucks.

dpantazis

Reaction score
would a short block be better for you? actually ford's prices on long blocks and short blocks are NOT that bad. ~$2500 if i recall correctly.

since you have not mentioned it, if you go with a 'new' engine, then you could part out things off the old engine to recoup some of the monies.
it can be a to fleabay stuff, but worth while if you ar patient.

dennis

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rich, I like Dennis's idea best. That doesn't seem like a bad price for a short block new. That's assuming you need a block at all. Then all you would have to do is the heads and you're off and running fresh.
Dann

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
but the chewed piston and no marks on the head still dont explain why it was pressurizeing the cooling system the way it was.while crankin it over to pop the head seal it had some serious steeam/smoke coming out of the heater hose nipple.so i either have a craked block or head,or something wrong on the drivers side of the engine.

i will take a stab at this only because the block that i'm building i had to sleeved,because of it.
the motor could of had a cavation problem that hadn't made to the inside of the cyclinder yet and when the chuck of piston scored up the walls it made it all the way though the wall.just a guess.:dunno
:sorry about your luck,

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
right now im trying to find another used engine for cheap money,wich is difficult.unfortunately i dont have the money for a used engine never mind a new one.if i ended up with a PMR motor i can always take the rods out of my 97 block and put them in the PMR block.i am almost to the point of just stripping it and scrapping it since i dont have the money to fix it.:(

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rich, sorry to hear about the motor. The cylinder wall is probably cracked length wise from the piston rocking in the bore, I speak from experiance on that one.

I might be able to get you a VERY good deal on either just a block or a full reman kit with a block or a complete short block depending on how you want to do it. It will be till tomorrow till I can get you the prices.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bdp said:
Rich, sorry to hear about the motor. The cylinder wall is probably cracked length wise from the piston rocking in the bore, I speak from experiance on that one.

I might be able to get you a VERY good deal on either just a block or a full reman kit with a block or a complete short block depending on how you want to do it. It will be till tomorrow till I can get you the prices.

That's customer service at its finest :sweet :sweet

Sorry to hear about the engine. If funding doesn't work out and you don't need the $$ to buy a replacement rig then I'd save the truck just park it in the yard until you have the funds to build it because it'd be a shame to loose all of the $$ you have invested in add on goodies because you know you'll be back in the same place soon enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58