Lift Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear that, truck looks great, where did you get the front bumper ? how much $

The bumper is from Kennesaw Mountain Accessories Atlanta GA. I think it was $750 with the lights, Painted Black. The bumper didn’t look that good to begin with I had to modify it a good bit. It was 3” wider so a Bull bar could be welded to it and it was really close to the truck, I couldn’t get to or hook up the Winch controls so I had to extend it 2”s.

100_0480.jpg

100_0479.jpg

100_0478.jpg

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
So when I pull this

BTW: Just FYI 8"s is 8"s if don't matter if it's on the front or rear 8"s is 8"s!!

That is not how most lift companies list their lifts, they always say the biggest amount in the title.

So 8" lift is for the front and it would lift the rear probably 6".

That is the defacto standard in the suspension industry ;)

The REAR is always smaller! :sweet

Like I said, You want a CUSTOM lift done, and is not the norm.

The salesman that sold you the lift should have explained this :sorry

But being 4WP, they probably did not know either :rolleyes:

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not how most lift companies list their lifts, they always say the biggest amount in the title.

So 8" lift is for the front and it would lift the rear probably 6".

That is the defacto standard in the suspension industry ;)

The REAR is always smaller! :sweet

Like I said, You want a CUSTOM lift done, and is not the norm.

The salesman that sold you the lift should have explained this :sorry

But being 4WP, they probably did not know either :rolleyes:

No, I wanted a NORMAL 8" Lift. 8"s is 8"s. It doesn't matter if some DumbAzz thinks 8" on the front and 5"s on the rear is level. (That's what the Fabtech, Tech told me) 8"s is 8"s!! 8"s on a F250 is the same as 8"s on a F350 it doesn't matter what any lift company says.

I guess you can tell me why a Fabtech 8" lift for a F250 raises the back 8" but a Fabtech lift for a F350 only raises the back 5"!!

BTW: (We) the 4Wheel Parts salesman talked about this for about 2 hours. He didn't know the U-Bolts would be 2"s to short. I sure he thought just like me the U-Bolts would be about 3" longer then necessary like every other lift kit I've ever installed.

If you want your truck to sit “Level” it’s your truck do with it as you please. I want my trucks to sit NORMAL!!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
No, I wanted a NORMAL 8" Lift. 8"s is 8"s. It doesn't matter if some DumbAzz thinks 8" on the front and 5"s on the rear is level. (That's what the Fabtech, Tech told me) 8"s is 8"s!! 8"s on a F250 is the same as 8"s on a F350 it doesn't matter what any lift company says.

I guess you can tell me why a Fabtech 8" lift for a F250 raises the back 8" but a Fabtech lift for a F350 only raises the back 5"!!

Ummm, No, Different block sizes in the REAR of the truck is what is different. F250's will have smaller REAR blocks, I believe they are 1.875 Rear Blocks and the F350 have 3.875 Rear Block. This is why you have different KITS for F250 and F350, or options to add different size block.

What you needed was a F250 kit with F350 U-Bolts.or a stock F350 block ;)

BTW: (We) the 4Wheel Parts salesman talked about this for about 2 hours. He didn't know the U-Bolts would be 2"s to short. I sure he thought just like me the U-Bolts would be about 3" longer then necessary like every other lift kit I've ever installed. If you want your truck to sit “Level” it’s your truck do with it as you please. I want my trucks to sit NORMAL!!

8" is only for the FRONT, this is how they size them, they raise the rear NOT 8", but enough to make the truck LEVEL, like I have said, THIS IS THE STANDARD!!!

No, according the the Suspension companies, you want the truck to look FACTORY rake and not the STANDARD "LEVEL" as set out by the industry.

Go ask Superlift, Skyjacker, Rough Country any of them.

They would have told you the same thing ;)

Even if you are replacing the blocks with springs, you are NOT putting in 8" springs, you would actally put in 6" springs, or something less, depending. This is how ALL the companies sell their kits.:sweet

8" is NOT 8" in the rear. ;tu

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
I found this little blurb on another suspension company site.

Lift Is Designed To Level Models w/Factory 1.875 Rear Blocks; Models w/ Optional Factory 3.875 Rear Block Will Have A Higher Rake Angle; Lift Heights Will Vary Depending On Factory Package Options

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you needed was a F250 kit with F350 U-Bolts.or a stock F350 block ;)

No, according the the Suspension companies, you want the truck to look FACTORY rake and not the STANDARD "LEVEL" as set out by the industry.

Go ask Superlift, Skyjacker, Rough Country any of them.

8" is NOT 8" in the rear. ;tu

No, the only difference between the Fabtech 8" lift for the F250 and the F350 is the size of the Block Fabtech supply’s, 5"s for the F250 3" for the F350. The U-Bolt is the same length 18”s it the longest Fabtech makes!! The shocks are the same everything is the same except the size of the block they Supply!!

If that is the Industry Standard Someone needs to go back to First Grade and learn math again!!
8"s is 8"s!!

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Industry Standard is (Squatting) 3"s shorter in the rear, someone else needs to be making the Standard!!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
No, the only difference between the Fabtech 8" lift for the F250 and the F350 is the size of the Block Fabtech supply’s, 5"s for the F250 3" for the F350. The U-Bolt is the same length 18”s it the longest Fabtech makes!! The shocks are the same everything is the same except the size of the block they Supply!!

Yes, That is correct. Since the F350 allready has the bigger block from factory, they put the smaller block in the F350 kit

But with the bigger block from the factory and bigger block from fabtech, then yea, they u-bolts won't be long enough. That is a total of 8.875" in STACKED BLOCKS!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't think ANY of the companies would recommend this setup, that is one of the reasons the u-bolts they make are not long enough.

If that is the Industry Standard Someone needs to go back to First Grade and learn math again!!
8"s is 8"s!!

8" Front and 5 or 3" rear to LEVEL the truck depending on the Truck ;)

I don't make the Standard, it is what it is :sweet

But like I said, you want a CUSTOM install, and something that is NOT the norm in the industry.

This is fault on 4WP and not Fabtech. They should have know all these issues and told you about them in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58