loose crank bearings????

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
was told this by trans shop----the crank bearings are getting loose and causing the crank to vibrate and move back and forth( i have never heard of this EVER) to the point that it causes the welds to break on a fly wheel and etc My truck has 265,000 on it, was told this by trans shop and that if the fly wheel breaks again that it wont be covered due to a loose crank?!?!?! WTFO

OK heres what they have found out, i have a adapter plate that goes between the motor and flywheel to allow a "automatic" trans to be adapted. it broke ( getting new one from ford so they say, im going by to check this out.) due to a loose crank???? then the welds on the flywheel broke and then caused the trans to miss shift, they are going through the trans and fixing anything no charge but "
I have no lose is engine power and no lose in any oil pressure???
How true is this and has anybody ever hear this

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I dont think youll get loose crank brgs, if so you would spin one. End play in a crank isnt due to loose brgs as much as it is to crank and brg wear.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
i would notice a difference in engine performance right cuz i don't have any loss in any pressures and horse power

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the CRANK to move fore/aft that much wouldnt you have
to have LOOSE bearing caps...

and wouldnt the rods either be moving on their journals or
be SNAPING off from the fore/aft movement ??

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
??? like i said the truck runs great just the chitty fly wheel breaks and so forth??? i don't know, i just want to drive my truck again, its like a caddy but better. Ive never heard of this, and i have read multiple tec posting in many different diesel sites. just thought i would ask you all here, these is the best site i have found for feed back and etc.. peopl here are great!!:thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was told this by trans shop----the crank bearings are getting loose and causing the crank to vibrate and move back and forth( i have never heard of this EVER) to the point that it causes the welds to break on a fly wheel and etc My truck has 265,000 on it, was told this by trans shop and that >>>if the fly wheel breaks again that it wont be covered<<< due to a loose crank?!?!?! WTFO

OK heres what they have found out, i have a adapter plate that goes between the motor and flywheel to allow a "automatic" trans to be adapted. it broke ( getting new one from ford so they say, im going by to check this out.) due to a loose crank???? then the welds on the flywheel broke and then caused the trans to miss shift, >>>they are going through the trans and fixing anything no charge but "<<<
I have no lose is engine power and no lose in any oil pressure???
How true is this and has anybody ever hear this

Right Off the Top.. From what you've said ?It sounds to me like a Trans Shop trying to Get Out of any more.. No Cost To You..Warrenty work:watchout :sly

:dunno JMO

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58