loose crank bearings????

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
question

When i go get the crank bearings/ thrust bearing checked how will they do that? or how do they check for to much play in them to know it needs changing so i know someone isnt "pulling my leg" :dunno

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you basically allready know, if that trans guy is handing you a busted flexplate, thats no fuggin good, there are only a few things that'll cause that, with your miles and what you tow it all adds up,

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
costs

I'm getting all possible cost, building it my self to a new long block or short block, so far the price range is from 3500-8500 to do it.:) thanks guys for all your input

I was told that with the 7.3 that i don't have to pull the cab,( its easier but not necessary) , just the front clip of the truck off. thats what two shops said:dunno

work to be done in late December or early January asap!!!

thanks again:sweet Happy Hoilidays!

Last edited:

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
I'm getting all possible cost, building it my self to a new long block or short block, so far the price range is from 3500-8500 to do it.:) thanks guys for all your input

I was told that with the 7.3 that i don't have to pull the cab,( its easier but not necessary) , just the front clip of the truck off. thats what two shops said:dunno

work to be done in late December or early January asap!!!

thanks again:sweet Happy Hoilidays!

Un bolt the core support and remove it. Lot easier than lifting the cab.:D

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotta watch tryin to unbolt the upper tie bar on these trucks, i've tried it in for repairs before and run into spot welds down the rad suppt a bit, then i fixed another one once and all it had were bolts. I'm in the auto body biz btw, i'm guessin that would help the cause of removal? fenders wont do anything cause you've got the welded on inners, just my thoughts, good luck with whichever way you get er done, hope it all works out!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58