My svo kit coming

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
hey thoses pic are great, i hope to have some soon, i haven finished yet i have the parts hung but ill connect the hoses fri or sat, im going with the 1/2 coolent lines as well.

I have read the instructions on the fuel bowl delete but im not understanding how that works, any thoughts?????????

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I re-installed the four threaded hose barbs after cleaning them up but the FPHE is still leaking from a back plate. Plantdrive offers a 5 year warranty on everything EXCEPT the FPHE so I'm looking for a new one. My kit came with a 16 plate unit so I'm thinking of upgrading to a 26 plate model.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
I have read the instructions on the fuel bowl delete but im not understanding how that works, any thoughts?????????

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I can tell you how it works in the 94-97s. The aluminum block replaces the fuel filter and the fuel bowl and sensors are intact. It displaces 95% of the volume in the fuel bowl allowing a much shorter purge. By doing this makes it necessary to have a separate fuel filter for each tank, the Vormax for vegoil and some aftermarket filter housing for the diesel/bioD tank. I used a Racor filter head because it uses the same filter as the Vormax so the R90T is now the same p/n for both tank's filters.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started working on installing my kit yesterday. So far, I've got the hotfox mounted, the filters and FPHE installed, and hoses ran from the veg tank to the filter. I've also started running new lines from the diesel tank to it's filter.

I decided to mount my filters and stuff on the passenger side frame rail, the parking brake cable made it impossible for me to mount on the drivers side. I plan to insulate the hoses to protect from abrasion and exhaust heat...

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got just about done tonight. Everything is in, but I plan to add heat-protection around the hoses next to the exhaust manifold.

Started right up on regular diesel -- didn't even sputter. I don't have any filtered oil yet, so I haven't gotten a chance to try that out, but at least half of the system is working right.

Hey Richard -- do you know what size the nuts are for the engine cover where you mounted your Vegtherm? I've lost my original nuts for that and need to pick up a couple tomorrow.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I have no idea what size thread. All I know is the cap is 13mm. :sorry If I have time I'll try to find out for you tomorrow. Craig suggests running virgin oil on its maiden voyage. That way if there is a problem, bad oil can be ruled out. Since you make bioD why not run 1/2 tank of that? Heck, I run B99 at 160+*F (it also goes through the FPHE ) and it LOVES the heat as well. My heat protection near the exhaust manifold is the double wall hose 3/8" J30R9 inside 3/4" heater hose. It's not that close. It's closest to the steering column. What will you be using?

START FILTERING!

Last edited:

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out it's a 6 mm bolt. Went to the ford dealer and asked for two...they didn't have any, but said they had some nuts that would fit....gave them to me for free and said "just come back when you need REAL parts!"

I made a trip with our 5th wheel this weekend, just ran my rear tank on dino, everything worked fine there...then made a 400 mile trip yesterday, Full tank of bio on the front (oil) tank, B50 in the rear. Worked like a charm. No leaks. I haven't gotten a temp gauge yet, but plan on doing that today..

For heat protection, I found a route up through the fender that keeps the fuel lines well away from any heat. I'm quite happy with routing it that way, I think it's a lot safer than what I had done originally.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
glad to hear that your truck is running good, mine is a on going thing, i have all parts hung and ready, Haven't had the time to shut here down long enough to put the fuel bowl delete on :( delete on

i got three restaurants friday now for sure:D they put the barrels in a locks & gated area and another as soon as i can get a secure lid on that barrel.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good! Any new places I get will be keeping the oil back into the cubies, then I can pick up. Originally, I had my first two places equipped with barrels, but it's an event to go pick up. With cubies, they can call and say they've got oil ready, I pick it up, even when I'm not in my grungy oil-collecting clothes.. Plus, no pumping...

For my filter setup at the house, I'm running the oil through a bed-sheet for initial filtration, then through a 10 micron NAPA fuel filter (circulating).

Once done, I'll pour into a bucket and dump through a 1 micron sock filter into my permanent storage tank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58